T J Hughes Closing ?

I’ve heard t j Hughes on moor is closing for good after today. Can anyone confirm this 

Yesterday was the last day according to a staff members post on Facebook.

yes closed,went to buy a outdoor table/chairs today on the moor,but sadly closed and this was confirmed by a phone call,yet another shop gone

My partners nan will be disappointed. She loved their bags and purses 😂

Its been on the cards for years, when the one in town closed/moved they were having financial issues then, and went into administration...

they said they were closing loads of stores, my cousin worked there at the time and knew it was happening..

Anyone who works for them and is surprised it's happened must have been living under a rock for approx the last 6 or 7 years

What a shame. It was a lovely shop, and I thought it would do well down The Moor.

Was on The Star website last week that they had gone into administration

14 hours ago, 1295galaxy said:

Was on The Star website last week that they had gone into administration

Their website says nothing about them going into administration, still shows Sheffield store and no mention of it closing.

More information on https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/business/fears-future-tj-hughes-stores-sheffield-and-chesterfield-1884825 than on the shops website.

Edited by iansheff

Who knows? 

Maybe Harvey Nicks or Selfridges, (or We Sell Fridges), might fancy moving in next door to Poundland? 

Bonmarche are closing their shops down as well,   don't know if they'll continue online or not.      But then,   I do live under a rock,   haven't seen a telly or a newspaper for weeks.