Is Browning Drive S6 In A 'Nice' Area?

Hi, I'm moving to Sheffield in June and, as a retired Londoner, it's a whole new adventure for me. Is Browning Drive S6 1BX and surroundings a good place to live? 

Fox Hill area, like all places it has its problems but certainly better than a lot of other areas in Sheffield 

I have a friend who lives there, I'm sure you've viewed on Google.

One of the smaller local authority estates, a mix of tenanted and owner occupiers including retired policemen, teachers.  Not far from the A61 main road which can, particularly at "rush hour" periods, get very congested when going in and out from city center.  Getting quite a busy area now as more people own cars,  although as a cul-de-sac it will least slow down the speed of traffic. Lots of supermarkets/shops within a half mile radius.

Travel a mile and you're on the edge of lovely countryside, a few miles further and you're into the Peak District.

6 hours ago, carosio said:

Travel a mile and you're on the edge of lovely countryside,

I know that the OP said they were retiring, so going for walks occurred to me. And this adds to what I would have posted.

I would say if the OP wants a bit more quiet AND likes walking or has dogs - you'd be better looking further up the hill and generally closer to Grenoside.

The other side of the coin, if the OP wants to be close to shops, and main bus routes, perhaps better down this side.

Edited by *_ash_*