Sheffield Half Marathon 2020 - Should it now be cancelled?

Yes they did the right thing, was seriously considering breaking my record of doing it every year if they went ahead as it just did not feel right to be racing in these circumstances.

fingers crossed for sept

Is everyone getting some extra running in (within the lockdown rules of course) never seen so many runners.Have lengthened mine a little.

4 hours ago, Fudbeer said:

Is everyone getting some extra running in (within the lockdown rules of course) never seen so many runners.Have lengthened mine a little.

Did a long (for me, 9 mile) run on Sunday. About 4 mile in I was running through a junk yard area and *ouch*. Massive pain in foot. Stood on a nail, went right through my trainer and in to bottom of my foot.

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Did a long (for me, 9 mile) run on Sunday. About 4 mile in I was running through a junk yard area and *ouch*. Massive pain in foot. Stood on a nail, went right through my trainer and in to bottom of my foot.

Ouch that sounds horrible Waldo hope you ok.

2 hours ago, Fudbeer said:

Ouch that sounds horrible Waldo hope you ok.

Thanks mate. Yeah, not too bad now; just feels a little funny to walk on. Not sure it worth going to GP for tetanus or not.

Ouch Waldo. 

I think that more people are actively using their time to get some exercise but I don`t agree with doing extra; I`m doing a bit for my health but staying in as much as possible. And I really am not sure about cycling.

Manchester just cancelled little to no chance of this happening now.

Chesterfield half cancelled for good going to be a 10k in future really disappointing liked that race a lot I don’t think they will get as much interest in a 10k.

Sheffield now cancelled not surprising considering.

Nope, quite relieved TBH.

Wouldn’t want to be mingling with 1’000’s of other runners right now. Hopefully by next March, we’ll be more on top of the Covid situation and it can go ahead safely.

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Nope, quite relieved TBH.

Wouldn’t want to be mingling with 1’000’s of other runners right now. Hopefully by next March, we’ll be more on top of the Covid situation and it can go ahead safely.

Totally agree can not see any way they could make it safe the start line would have to run to Rotherham lol.Safety has to come first.

Had a good summer of running anyway (with not much else to do) plenty of long slow easy runs just enjoying it with no pressure.Got some nice knew max cushion shoes,(Hoka Clifton 6) which really help my dodgy knees.

Hows everyone else getting on?