Robert De Niro And Robert Duvall

Over the years I have seen these two in several films and it always strikes me as Duvall seems to be imitating De niros style, the way he walks, the way he laughs and the way he talks right down to De niros facial expressions, has anyone ever noticed this.  I first noticed this in God father 2 and other films right up until Screaming and Kicking with Will Ferrel in which it just seems like just one big De niro impression.  Very strange.  :huh:

I've only seen De Niro in 'Meet the Fockers' and can't recall Duvall in any film so it's hard to make an opinion,  De Niro always seems to play bad-tempered characters,  perhaps that was the genre in his day and Duvall just followed suit because of that.  

Bet they were like that in real life 🙄

1 hour ago, cressida said:

I've only seen De Niro in 'Meet the Fockers' and can't recall Duvall in any film so it's hard to make an opinion,  De Niro always seems to play bad-tempered characters,  perhaps that was the genre in his day and Duvall just followed suit because of that.  

Bet they were like that in real life 🙄

Like I mentioned, Ive seen and noticed this in a few films especially last night when I watched a Will Ferell film on Netflix last night.  I suppose it could be the other way round De niro could have been copying Duvalls characterisms,  it was just something Ive picked up on over the years.

That's because De Niro actually adopted Duvall as a kid, he was like a father to him. Duvall became De  Niro's lawyer later in life, and De Niro became Brando as he got older...

2 hours ago, mancmart said:

That's because De Niro actually adopted Duvall as a kid, he was like a father to him. Duvall became De  Niro's lawyer later in life, and De Niro became Brando as he got older...

And Brando became Al Pacino.  :hihi:

4 hours ago, mancmart said:

Yes - but Bananarama only ever made a song about De Niro.

On 26/02/2020 at 18:44, mancmart said:

Sorry if I'm missing some obtuse humour here... Duvall is 89, De Niro in his mid-70s ...

3 hours ago, steved32 said:

Sorry if I'm missing some obtuse humour here... Duvall is 89, De Niro in his mid-70s ...

References to the Godfather. :thumbsup:

23 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

References to the Godfather. :thumbsup:

Ah... Of course.  So why not say Vito adopted Tom?!

21 minutes ago, steved32 said:

Ah... Of course.  So why not say Vito adopted Tom?!

:hihi: