Sheffield Council Meeting Debacle

I'm surprised no one has brought this up.

There were shenanigans at the last public meeting!  It looked like a total farce.

If you follow the link in the Star article below, it takes you to the footage that was filmed during the meeting.  If you have no wish to be bored in to next week, select the section on questions from the public.  It's worth persevering with, honest!  I found it a real eye opener.

Frankly, I was shocked and I'm thinking we need to be more aware of what is going on at these meetings of our local representatives.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/politics/council/public-kicked-out-sheffield-council-chamber-meeting-over-row-about-questions-1885557

We're just used to SCC being a total farce so it's not worth mentioning anymore 😂

7 hours ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

There is a separate thread about SCC governance and Sheffield's 2020 Referendum which- if successful- might improve the position. See https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/471385-sheffield-2020-referendum/

So when are members of the public going to be allowed to ask questions in Parliament?

11 hours ago, Longcol said:

So when are members of the public going to be allowed to ask questions in Parliament?

A completely different situation and cannot be compared to/with Local Authorities.

Does anyone know what the question was and why the question was not answered in the meeting and what was the written response to the question?

its always a easy cop out to say I will email or post a reply,the only answer if one doesn't like whats on offer is change the menu,in fact its good for all parties as it keeps everyone on alert to there actions.