Does Anyone Use Audio Cassettes Any More?

I've got a large quantity of used audio cassettes I no longer need. Are theses conceivably of any use to anyone? I did give a large box to http://www.sheffieldtalkingnews.org.uk/ years ago, but i'm pretty sure they don't use them now.

Most have been recroded on only once, and are a decent brand (mostly TDK) - any ideas?

Same here grahamfff. We've got loads of cassettes and VCR s cluttering up the house. No idea what to do with them and I assume charities don't want them as they aren't original recordings. We're reluctant to bin them because of the environmental issues. 

I still have mine, and if my player hadn't died a few years back it would still be hooked up and in use...

Unfortunately, not many places will take them for many of the reasons mentioned here, plus more.. (even many recycling places won't take them now either)

if I had a working player/recorder, and the space i'd certainly take them from you, but at the moment it's not an option for me im afraid 😕

I still use these & I'd love to have them.      What sort of stuff's on them?        If it's my kind of music I'd give you a few bob for them.    I've got one of those "any format"  music centres,    so I still play my old vinyl stuff from the sixties etc.         Bit of reggae as well.

Lovelace what kind of music you like and I will have a look through them

speleo 1,      I like 60s,    reggae,    Beatles / Stones / Hollies,         charts compilations like Top of the Pops,     Iron Maiden,   country music in small doses,  all sorts but not RAP !

13 hours ago, speleo1 said:

I still got my music centre from years back

Still working

And I have cassette tape and VHS tapes

Being an Avid Hoarder, I think I also have Some Betamax Tapes, Vinyl collection, V2000, Compact C Tapes, Disc Player, (+ tiny dictaphone tapes), BlueRay, CD-+R, CD DL,

but finding them might be a struggle...

Having been converted to iPod/iPad, the modern music system of streaming, maybe I should have dumped them years ago, but I loathe the idea of losing them! Even though I have not used a C60/C90 Tape for years! They were reliable, unlike CD's which warp and deteriorate becoming unplayable - if left on your dash or window sill in the Sun.

I read an article around a year ago in some newspaper that like vinyl cassettes were making a comeback ,it was only the introduction of cds that stopped DAT tape cassettes becoming popular!.I believe DAT tape is used in recording studios to this day,I have a Sony stacking unit from 1988 just like new set up for DAT but minus the player,I was toying with the idea of buying one off e-bay but never got round to it!.I have a cupboard full of cassettes just like the poster and my hoarding instinct won,t let me get rid of them to my wifes disappointment!.

I recall having in a long gone Car - AN 8 Track Player, which was great if you listen to your Music, all the way through, but if you advanced it or rewound it! Then the tape tied up tight, stretching the tape. Which was my main reason to move to C15 - C90 cassettes, then CD rack player, 

Now modern Cars don't even have a CD Player as Std..

Both long gone still installed in those Cars.

De Zeus I am the proud owner of a twenty year old Mercedes E Class in mint condition which has a CD and Cassette player fitted so I still play both whichever takes my fancy!.I use chrome tapes and the quality of playback between both systems is negligible the cds being better by a tad so I use both!.As well as my home Sony stack in the house I have a vintage Sony Walkman I bought at a car boot for the princely sum of 10p and it works a treat so I still use my cassettes!.

Wonders what it costs in Petrol or Diesel?

How long before it Gets Banned?

As I'll continue to  rely on Petrol/Wind Power..Electric...