Ant & Dec

I used to like Ant and Dec but their Saturday Night Takeaway programme is so forced and unnatural that I have to switch over. They seem to rush from one thing to another trying to squeeze everything in.  It’s boring and not enjoyable now. 

On 23/02/2020 at 12:56, PRESLEY said:

The only reason why these two win awards is because they are the best Presehters  of a bad bunch of Presenters.  Scohfield, Willouby, Holmes couple ect and it doesn't take much to beat that shower.  :roll:

Oh come on, Phil Schofield's been presenting for Donkey's years, remember when he did the "Broom Cupboard" on CBBC back in the early to mid 80s? As for Holly Willoughby, I've always liked her :love:

Oh for the proper Saturday night comedy programmes ! Morecame and Wise , now they were  Really funny ! 

6 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Oh for the proper Saturday night comedy programmes ! Morecame and Wise , now they were  Really funny ! 

Oh yeah, Gladiators, Blind Date, Blankety Blank, It's a Knock Out, Bullseye, Crackerjack etc... Showing my age a bit there lol.

7 hours ago, MrAllen2K21 said:

Oh yeah, Gladiators, Blind Date, Blankety Blank, It's a Knock Out, Bullseye, Crackerjack etc... Showing my age a bit there lol.

I remember all those.

On 14/03/2021 at 08:20, pattricia said:

I used to like Ant and Dec but their Saturday Night Takeaway programme is so forced and unnatural that I have to switch over. They seem to rush from one thing to another trying to squeeze everything in.  It’s boring and not enjoyable now. 

Really?

You started this thread last year, posting:

"I know these two are popular but I just cannot take to them somehow. I watched their Saturday Night Takeaway last night and found it childish, boring and with forced laughter."

When have you ever liked it? 

I don't watch it myself but given the number of series, viewing figures and awards they've got for it, I'm not sure ITV will care that people who didn't like it last year still don't like it.  

Sometimes it helps to think, is this aimed at my demographic?  

Edited by Arnold_Lane

On 14/03/2021 at 17:36, pattricia said:

Natural and not forced like alot of todays  stuff,  keith Lemon,  Mrs Browns Garbage,  also tired to the point of Exhaustion with Ant and Dec, played out springs to mind.  :gag:

7 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Natural and not forced like alot of todays  stuff,  keith Lemon,  Mrs Browns Garbage,  also tired to the point of Exhaustion with Ant and Dec, played out springs to mind.  :gag:

I agree with you on every point you make.!

34 minutes ago, pattricia said:

I agree with you on every point you make.!

To be fair,  Ant and Dec used to have me in fits of laughter,   nowadays Im just bored with them,  probably  they are on our screens too much,  just my opinion  obviously everyone to their own. 

11 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

To be fair,  Ant and Dec used to have me in fits of laughter,   nowadays Im just bored with them,  probably  they are on our screens too much,  just my opinion  obviously everyone to their own. 

Probably because that’s the reason. They are on our screens too much. 

10 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Probably because that’s the reason. They are on our screens too much. 

In the Early,    Im a celeb days , they used to ad lib and make many mistakes and laughed and took the mick out of each other and the audience laughed along too,  but nowadays its all scripted to much,  they are like cardboard cut outs just fixed consentrating on reading que cards, in other words,  all very false, {forced} not natural just like when people  read out nominations and winners at the Oscars which I think leaves Ant and Dec's jobs vunerable because its not hard for two people to read out whats written  in front of them.  So that means my worst nightmare could happen, replacing them  with  keith Lemon and Rylan Clarke, Arrrrrrgh

2 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

In the Early,    Im a celeb days , they used to ad lib and make many mistakes and laughed and took the mick out of each other and the audience laughed along too,  but nowadays its all scripted to much,  they are like cardboard cut outs just fixed consentrating on reading que cards, in other words,  all very false, {forced} not natural just like when people  read out nominations and winners at the Oscars which I think leaves Ant and Dec's jobs vunerable because its not hard for two people to read out whats written  in front of them.  So that means my worst nightmare could happen, replacing them  with  keith Lemon and Rylan Clarke, Arrrrrrgh

My thoughts exactly. You put into words what I am trying to say. “ Cardboard cut outs “ sum them up .  Much more natural in I’m a Celeb” days.