Ant & Dec

I know these two are popular but I just cannot take to them somehow. I watched their Saturday Night Takeaway last night and found it childish, boring and with forced laughter. Maybe it’s me but I prefer the American type of humour like the sitcom “ Friends”. 

3 hours ago, pattricia said:

I know these two are popular but I just cannot take to them somehow. I watched their Saturday Night Takeaway last night and found it childish, boring and with forced laughter. Maybe it’s me but I prefer the American type of humour like the sitcom “ Friends”. 

Agree with all you say pattricia, like a lot of them they are on all the time, adverts,awards shows etc, etc, nice lads but fed up of seeing them,

8 minutes ago, pintor said:

Agree with all you say pattricia, like a lot of them they are on all the time, adverts,awards shows etc, etc, nice lads but fed up of seeing them,

Nice "lads". They are both 44 years old.

26 minutes ago, LOLBROO said:

Nice "lads". They are both 44 years old.

Well you wouldn’t think so the way they act ! More like teenagers !

I agree with you Pattricia,I've never watched any of Ant & Dec TV shows.I love the American homour too especially "Every body loves Raymond"

34 minutes ago, Chaddamp said:

I agree with you Pattricia,I've never watched any of Ant & Dec TV shows.I love the American homour too especially "Every body loves Raymond"

Yes love that too ! I also used to like the sharp wit of the American stand up comedians like Bob Hope  and Joan Rivers.

Edited by pattricia

6 hours ago, pattricia said:

Agree.  Let's face it they started out as a couple of child actors but probably couldn't get a sniff of an acting job once they became adults & are now merely tv presenters which are ten-a-penny these days. 

Clearly in the early days, someone in tv thought they could become the new Morecombe & Wise but that would of course require acting ability.  There is also the drawback that the little fella, Dec, isn't in the least bit funny. 

Give them a programme that's not linked to to Cowell's SYCO production company & with ITV chucking millions at a prime time Sat night slot & they would struggle for viewers. 

57 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Agree.  Let's face it they started out as a couple of child actors but probably couldn't get a sniff of an acting job once they became adults & are now merely tv presenters which are ten-a-penny these days. 

Clearly in the early days, someone in tv thought they could become the new Morecombe & Wise but that would of course require acting ability.  There is also the drawback that the little fella, Dec, isn't in the least bit funny. 

Give them a programme that's not linked to to Cowell's SYCO production company & with ITV chucking millions at a prime time Sat night slot & they would struggle for viewers. 

I do think they get a lot of viewers for Saturday Night Takeaway but only because it was also rubbish on the BBC . Ant & Dec have got over confident, and the programme was rushed and childish. My God give me Morcambe and Wise any day ! It’s got to be down to the scriptwriters surely ? 

Edited by pattricia

The only reason why these two win awards is because they are the best Presehters  of a bad bunch of Presenters.  Scohfield, Willouby, Holmes couple ect and it doesn't take much to beat that shower.  :roll:

26 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

The only reason why these two win awards is because they are the best Presehters  of a bad bunch of Presenters.  Scohfield, Willouby, Holmes couple ect and it doesn't take much to beat that shower.  :roll:

Ant & Dec are different types of presenters to those you mention. They are entertainment Saturday night types of presenters, but they have got over confident, and look bored most of the time. They rushed through their programme last night as though they wanted to get it over and done with. I suppose it’s because they have made so much money, that they don’t really need to work now.