Owls Takeover Rumour

20 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Why is Wednesday worth one penny more than the £37m he paid for it? DC might have chucked further millions at it but what value has he added? He probably paid too much for it anyway.

The playing surface is much improved and we've a few players that are saleable. Neither of those were true when Chansiri took over.

I imagine that average gates have gone up too, as well as season ticket sales.

So, yes, the club is worth a bit more, but not £100 000 000 more.

So he paid £37million for the club.

But since then he's bought the ground for £80 million.

So is that included in the price?

I would think buying the ground and club now stands him at about 120 million,plus hes lost millions on players,so that = say the £135 million asking price,BUT it all depends whats out there for sale,the ground needs millions to bring it up to date,the team needs a re-build and we need a top man = 200 million,although I love swfc I think that = over priced

Is there anywhere in the clubs deeds saying Hillsborough will always be home of SWFC, or as sole owner does DC have to sell it as a going concern ( a football club) or could we finish up with a supermarket or housing estate.

35 minutes ago, ALAN 58 said:

Is there anywhere in the clubs deeds saying Hillsborough will always be home of SWFC, or as sole owner does DC have to sell it as a going concern ( a football club) or could we finish up with a supermarket or housing estate.

I'm not stating this as some sort of joke. 

Always said that it would be probably cheaper to knock Hillsborough down & rebuild somewhere else.  Possible now that your Chairman owns the ground & the land it stands on. 

Prime location for the ubiquitous 'luxury' apartments with the Hillsborough Park being so close & you wouldn't be the first club to move, there's been plenty of big clubs in the Premiership who have gone down this route, many of who were / are more financially stable than SWFC. 

Clearly you're already thinking along those lines? 

Edited by Baron99

22 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

I'm not stating this as some sort of joke. 

Always said that it would be probably cheaper to knock Hillsborough down & rebuild somewhere else.  Possible now that your Chairman owns the ground & the land it stands on. 

Prime location for the ubiquitous 'luxury' apartments with the Hillsborough Park being so close & you wouldn't be the first club to move, there's been plenty of big clubs in the Premiership who have gone down this route, many of who were / are more financially stable than SWFC. 

Clearly you're already thinking along those lines? 

Exactly the reason i put it on. He owns everything , thats why i asked  the question whats it say in the deeds i cannot find anything on if an owner wants to sell.

On 23/02/2020 at 11:24, 1295galaxy said:

Having money might be good for Mr Chansiri,but having no knowledge how to run a football club as not help him with is ambitions,Priced alot of fans out of going to watch The Owls,and the atmosphere at games as not been how it use to be,hope we do get someone new in knows how to run the club correctly,as these loyals fans deserve to seeing this club in the Premiership

Not really though, eh?, all that football fans of any football club deserve is that they buy tickets and in return, the players should give 100%.

You don't get into the top flight because fans "deserve it", you get there on merit, by having a team that gets promoted.

On 24/02/2020 at 15:00, bassett one said:

I would think buying the ground and club now stands him at about 120 million,plus hes lost millions on players,so that = say the £135 million asking price,BUT it all depends whats out there for sale,the ground needs millions to bring it up to date,the team needs a re-build and we need a top man = 200 million,although I love swfc I think that = over priced

So how do you work that out?, do you think that 60 million pounds actually changed hands when Chancer sold the club to himself? I thought it was common knowledge on how the deal was structured, part of which is the reason that the EFL took a close look at the submitted accounts and saw glaring holes.

48 minutes ago, Grappler said:

Not really though, eh?, all that football fans of any football club deserve is that they buy tickets and in return, the players should give 100%.

You don't get into the top flight because fans "deserve it", you get there on merit, by having a team that gets promoted.

So how do you work that out?, do you think that 60 million pounds actually changed hands when Chancer sold the club to himself? I thought it was common knowledge on how the deal was structured, part of which is the reason that the EFL took a close look at the submitted accounts and saw glaring holes.

Don't know all the ins and out but surely however he did it he still had to pay the club the 60 million so still out of pocket

4 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Don't know all the ins and out but surely however he did it he still had to pay the club the 60 million so still out of pocket

Nervy,  60 million quid has not changed hands.  There will be enough SWFC fans on here (I think) who know how the deal is structured and can let you know.

3 minutes ago, Grappler said:

Nervy,  60 million quid has not changed hands.  There will be enough SWFC fans on here (I think) who know how the deal is structured and can let you know.

Not fussed enough to check tbh, that's the chairman's issue. I'll take your word for it

Edited by NERVY-OWL

14 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Payed himself bud,one of his other companys,or another he set up,like elev8 and Dtaxis,went against the normal route and didnt register the sale untill after the holding company was setup,MAJOR slip up,like you and me selling a house,goes to land registry,hes messed up,total loon wish hed f o,biggest fear is he might be here long term

7 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Payed himself bud,one of his other companys,or another he set up,like elev8 and Dtaxis,went against the normal route and didnt register the sale untill after the holding company was setup,MAJOR slip up,like you and me selling a house,goes to land registry,hes messed up,total loon wish hed f o,biggest fear is he might be here long term

Well the takeover rumour is supposedly a non starter so no point hoping for that. Only hope we have is he's played a blinder with the EFL and we aren't punished with points so he can learn from his mistakes but not holding my breath