Paying Tax

I was working 2 part time jobs.

One job my tax code was 1000L

The other was 2500

I quit the job of 2500 about 5 months ago, but my tax code on the other job is 1000L still.

I thought it would automatically change when I quit the other job.

Do I have to call the tax office or will it get renewed in April and I get tax back as I'm paying quite alot to say what wage I'm on.

Thanks.

Edited by soulvapour

Tax codes do not automatically change. You need to notify HMRC either by self assessment or by contacting them. 

You won't get any tax refund for taxes paid in the current tax year until self assessment after this financial year has ended. 

My tax code began with a 3 in the current year. Think yourself lucky lol. 

Best to get in touch with HMRC as Albert The Cat says, and your situation should be sorted swiftly for you then

at the same time, you should also  check your national insurance contribution record to make sure it's complete.

1 hour ago, soulvapour said:

Ok thanks I'll call them tomorrow

Good luck😀

If you get through, they are usually brilliant to deal with. Getting through can be a nightmare though.

You can register an online account quite easily and you might be able to use that to sort things.