Blades V Brighton

Difficult to predict anything other than a Blades win. Hope Didzy starts we look a much better side with him in it.

I suspect Lunny will get the nod over Berge. 

Usual back five plus Hendo, mid field Norwood, Fleck, Lunny. Have to start with McBurnie and preferably McGoldrick, with Moose coming off the bench. Sharp, however, has deserved another start with his performances lately.

Wouldn't mind seeing one of the other new recruits.

Season to date has been a non event for L Freeman, and B. Osborne, due to the team doing so well

1-1 draw today 

Loads of Brighton fans near the train station looking very mean

Can't see Brighton beating you, should be 3 points

Yes a very disappointing day.  Thought we were good for the 3 points but Brighton are fighting for their survival & we've got a few more from that end of the table before the end of the season.  Let's not tail off into  mid-table mediocrity, eh Blades. 

Looking at the BBC's stats, Blades with 67% possession but only 3 shots on target?  I could sware they had more? 

Players as a whole look lacklustre, yet we've just had a break?  Only bright spots:

1. Enda's goal. 

2. Ben Osborne putting in a decent display for Stevens as his sub. 

Still not convinced about McBurnie?  He should have put one of his chances away today. 

Also disappointing was the ref, Scott.  3 mins additional time yet 6 subs on, 2 lengthy stops for injury & constant time wasting from the Brighton keeper, which Scott must have told him about on at least 6 occasions but never saw fit to book him & put a stop to it. 

Edited by Baron99

Thought Fleck absolutely ran the show today , MOTM for sure.Good to see he’s just signed a contract extension.

Like  baron says , McBurnie really should have scored .You get the feeling that we are a class striker away from being a serious football team .

I thought we were superb today. We are heads and shoulders above Brighton in quality and well above others in the league.

Chris Wilder will know where to change things. Either change personnel or make the current players better.

The journey continues. Upwards.

On 22/02/2020 at 18:04, Baron99 said:

Yes a very disappointing day.  Thought we were good for the 3 points but Brighton are fighting for their survival & we've got a few more from that end of the table before the end of the season.  Let's not tail off into  mid-table mediocrity, eh Blades. 

Looking at the BBC's stats, Blades with 67% possession but only 3 shots on target?  I could sware they had more? 

Players as a whole look lacklustre, yet we've just had a break?  Only bright spots:

1. Enda's goal. 

Still not convinced about McBurnie?  He should have put one of his chances away today. 

Also disappointing was the ref, Scott.  3 mins additional time yet 6 subs on, 2 lengthy stops for injury & constant time wasting from the Brighton keeper, which Scott must have told him about on at least 6 occasions but never saw fit to book him & put a stop to it. 

This was a winnable game with  young strikers on the bench but no our boss put a midfielder and a striker who generally plays deeper but not young and raring to go

A missed chance of 3points

5 hours ago, barry-333 said:

This was a winnable game with  young strikers on the bench but no our boss put a midfielder and a striker who generally plays deeper but not young and raring to go

A missed chance of 3points

If Wilder had not had to use a substitution because Stevens was injured, there is no doubt that he would have thrown at least 2 strikers on in the second half.

On 22/02/2020 at 18:04, Baron99 said:

1. Enda's goal. 

Agree with you about McBurnie, not convincing for me.  Ok he works hard and is effective at what he does and is clearly a team player he doesn’t seem to be a natural goal scorer. He’s become a crowd favourite through his sheer gameness and endeavour.

On Saturday he could have ( should have) scored three. 

I think we’ve started with Sharp and McBurnie up front last few games. Doesn’t seem to work. I think we should be using Mousset more. 

Nice  to see McGoldrick

17 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

Agree with you about McBurnie, not convincing for me.  Ok he works hard and is effective at what he does and is clearly a team player he doesn’t seem to be a natural goal scorer. He’s become a crowd favourite through his sheer gameness and endeavour.

On Saturday he could have ( should have) scored three. 

I think we’ve started with Sharp and McBurnie up front last few games. Doesn’t seem to work. I think we should be using Mousset more. 

Nice  to see McGoldrick

I agree about  Lys Mousett, the minutes he has had on the pitch and his goals he must be high on the Premiership list for this and is a favourite with the crowd but no he cannot get a start now

I know we all trust CWAK, how could we not, but I worry that if Mousse isn’t given more game time he might be tempted elsewhere this summer. Always looks dangerous when he has the ball. Billy ( bless him) is good at what he does but Mousse is strong with electric pace