Spam E-Mails

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of spam e-mails for good?! I am sick of getting up to 20 e-mails every day (all from USA) offering me various 'services' from women!! ( I am a straight 66 year old happily-married female!) Most of them don't have an unsubscribe option and those that do just say that 'this is a dodgy website' or words to that effect and advising me not to proceed. It's driving me mad! Annoying thing is that husband doesn't get any!!

Please help!

Thank you in advance!

Keep marking them all as spam.

Or get a better email provider...I get the same stuff, but it all gets filtered out.

With a lot of providers you can create custom word filters.

So you could in theory create one that made every email you get that contains the word "sex" to be automatically sent to your spam folder.

And please don't click on the "unsubscribe" as that will result in more spam emails once they know the address is actively in use.

37 minutes ago, SkyeEdge said:

And please don't click on the "unsubscribe" as that will result in more spam emails once they know the address is actively in use.

Really? - didn't know that - thought it meant the opposite!

Like many i'm sure i created a couple of email addresses when the concept started.  I use a frivolous one for purchasing online,setting up accounts etc and a personal one for family,friends GP's etc to email me on.

Anything that comes to the frivolous email address that i don't like gets spam filtered including all the retailers where i once bought something in the dim and distant past. It does really reduce the incoming emails to merely a handful per day.

Similarly Like Willman, I've employed similar tactics with emails, but, With a slight twist:

I use the (out of office feature/Holiday feature) 

ALL the Time .: if someone emails me they get this automated reply!

" This Particular Email Address has NOW being decommissioned! Prior to Last Month.

If We bought something from your Company within the LAST Month, we informed you of the Email Change, if NOT please delete this Redundant Email Address off your Lists "

Then I use the several others for personal email......rotating using them on a rolling basis.

Thanks for all the info everyone - it's made me realise I'm even more of a computer dinosaur than I thought😊

1 hour ago, DeZeus said:

Hmm! IMHO It Looks like a sales promotion gimmick to me....

Admittedly the bit at the bottom is cheeky, but the main thrust of the article, and the advice given is 100% correct