Pasties

Avoid Greggs. They used to be my pie-shop of choice, but I've kicked them into touch since they started this ridiculous policy of selling their pies cold. A cold pasty should be outlawed. They taste far better when hot IMHO.

Staniforth's down Chapel Walk isn't bad. Nothing fancy, but enjoyable. Reasonably-priced too.

My favourite is the stand in the train station by the entrance. Always hot. A good handful, and tasty. 

43 minutes ago, smithy266 said:

The Pastie Shop opposite the Peace Gardens

….is also VERY good.

Edited by wearysmith

Another vote for the Pastie shop here. The steak and stilton is lovely

Pity we can't get Carr's Pasties this side of the pennines...

1 hour ago, wearysmith said:

Avoid Greggs. They used to be my pie-shop of choice, but I've kicked them into touch since they started this ridiculous policy of selling their pies cold. A cold pasty should be outlawed. They taste far better when hot IMHO.

Staniforth's down Chapel Walk isn't bad. Nothing fancy, but enjoyable. Reasonably-priced too.

My favourite is the stand in the train station by the entrance. Always hot. A good handful, and tasty. 

….is also VERY good.

What Greggs don't sell hot pies now ?

Edited by *Wallace*

Just now, *Wallace* said:

What Greggs don't sell ho pies now ?

You only get them hot if you're lucky enough to be there when they come out of the oven.

A very over-inflated member of staff in the branch around the corner from the Dove And Rainbow delights in stubbing me out with a firm 'No' when I ask if any are still hot.

Not putting up with it any longer. I'll be going to Coopland's in future.

Shouldn’t they be VAT free if they’re cold ?

11 minutes ago, Mossway said:

Shouldn’t they be VAT free if they’re cold ?

Dunno. Maybe they are. It's a ridiculous situation. These frosty & cold mornings, by the time you've parked up and walked into the city centre, you want something warm. You'd expect a place that sells pies & pasties to have their act together. Not having a hot-plate isn't having their act together.