Hit And Run Foxhill

You may have heard that a lady sadly died in a hit and run on Foxhill on saturday night   The police went door to door asking if anyone had any CCTV they could see.  Maybe if the police had left the camara on that road instead of taking it down saying it was needed in Handsworth it would have saved them some foot work  and may have  have been a possible deterrent.  

What else has to happen here to make the police take notice ? There are daily drug deals  going on and  car burn outs are a regular occurance No doubt this tragedy was drug or anti social  behaviour related  and its just heartbreaking  what this family and the people who tried to help the lady  will have to go through now.

My condolences to them and hope the lady rests in peace. 

5 hours ago, Ms Interpret said:

You may have heard that a lady sadly died in a hit and run on Foxhill on saturday night   The police went door to door asking if anyone had any CCTV they could see.  Maybe if the police had left the camara on that road instead of taking it down saying it was needed in Handsworth it would have saved them some foot work  and may have  have been a possible deterrent.  

What else has to happen here to make the police take notice ? There are daily drug deals  going on and  car burn outs are a regular occurance No doubt this tragedy was drug or anti social  behaviour related  and its just heartbreaking  what this family and the people who tried to help the lady  will have to go through now.

My condolences to them and hope the lady rests in peace. 

So the police knocked on peoples door asking for cctv?  Do you not think that is a good thing?  RIP to the lady involved.

3 hours ago, Dales said:

So the police knocked on peoples door asking for cctv?  Do you not think that is a good thing?  RIP to the lady involved.

Where did she say she didn't think it was a good thing that the police went door to door asking if anyone had CCTV?

I didn't read her comments that way.  I read them as suggesting it would have been better if CCTV had remained installed on the street.  I agree with her.

Seems like you just want to find something she said to disagree about?  :huh:

Have a nice day!  At least, I hope it improves for you!

What a tragic event, really feeling for her friends and family. 

When I saw the headline I pictured an area of Foxhill and sure enough it was 20m from that junction according to the story.

I'm not one to tar everyone with the same brush but certain estates generate so much trouble, the first come first served housing areas, asbo hotspots CCTV should be on every junction to curb stuff like this.

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, DerbyTup said:

Where did she say she didn't think it was a good thing that the police went door to door asking if anyone had CCTV?

I didn't read her comments that way.  I read them as suggesting it would have been better if CCTV had remained installed on the street.  I agree with her.

Seems like you just want to find something she said to disagree about?  :huh:

Have a nice day!  At least, I hope it improves for you!

I read it the same.

Yes me too. I feel for the lady and her family. This is first I've heard ,was it reported on Radio Sheffield????

With all the technology around in this day and age you'd think that there would be a way of getting cameras in lamp posts to record rather than asking for cctv from house holds.

6 hours ago, Chaddamp said:

Yes me too. I feel for the lady and her family. This is first I've heard ,was it reported on Radio Sheffield????

With all the technology around in this day and age you'd think that there would be a way of getting cameras in lamp posts to record rather than asking for cctv from house holds.

Recently heard locals complaining about the CCTV cameras - accused police of 'big brother' tactics. Police really can't do right for doing wrong . Maybe if more people were more helpful when the police ask for help there would be more chance of the bad people getting found and arrested. 

Edited by Daven

Yes thankyou I didnt mean that asking for CCTV was bad  I am just cross about  there being none on the streets  where crime happens regularly There is a white box on a lampost  almost at the junction where this took place but the police said it was no good as its only for anti social behaviour  ?   I  have no idea what it is

. Yes Chaddamp I think its been reported  locally but Ive only seen it on facebook and Sheffield online 

Daven the "Locals" who complain will be the law breakers, decent folk who live there Im sure would be reassured by having cameras

Edited by Ms Interpret
additional info