Igloo Won't Pay For Your Meat Expenses

11 minutes ago, jonnyhonda said:

Could I respectfully ask that you read the thread completely before leaping in to speak for Makapaka ( Although he doesn't appear to be able to answer for himself). From the start , my posts have referred to carnivores being discriminated against by Igloo . Carnivores do not eat meat . 

I will repeat yet again . Igloo are absolutely discriminating against carnivores.

Now , I have courteously answered you ,(despite your snide and uncalled for 'I'll leave you to fill in the gaps' remark)  so would you answer my question ? Here it is again -

So , if Igloo would only pay for meat based meals for their employees , be they vegetarian or meat eater , would that be discriminatory towards vegans and vegetarians ?

Yes. It would be.

For the reasons I gave a few posts ago.

May I respectfully ask that you don’t ascribe actions to me that I haven’t actually done.

Thank you.

Edited by Pettytom

34 minutes ago, jonnyhonda said:

Could I respectfully ask that you read the thread completely before leaping in to speak for Makapaka ( Although he doesn't appear to be able to answer for himself). From the start , my posts have referred to carnivores being discriminated against by Igloo . Carnivores do not eat meat . 

I will repeat yet again . Igloo are absolutely discriminating against carnivores.

Now , I have courteously answered you ,(despite your snide and uncalled for 'I'll leave you to fill in the gaps' remark)  so would you answer my question ? Here it is again -

So , if Igloo would only pay for meat based meals for their employees , be they vegetarian or meat eater , would that be discriminatory towards vegans and vegetarians ?

I don't think that's quite right... (bolded bit)

Nobody eats meat exclusively. Humans aren't carnivores. 

5 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

No. It isn’t. 

For the reasons I gave a few posts ago.

May I respectfully ask that you don’t ascribe actions to me that I haven’t actually done.

Thank you.

You most definitely answered  my question to Makapaka and you either hadn't read my previous interactions with him/her/them, and / or you didn't know what a carnivore was.

Regarding the answer to my question , then as you believe my scenario wouldn't be discriminatory and you have also said that what Igloo is actually doing isn't discriminatory  ie the reverse of my scenario then as far as I am concerned , there is no argument to be had .  You believe both scenario's to be non discriminatory and I believe them both to be discriminatory.It is just a difference of opinion. Some , on the other hand I believe would think only the  scenario in my question would be discrimination and that is just hypocritical.

3 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

I don't think that's quite right... (bolded bit)

Nobody eats meat exclusively. Humans aren't carnivores. 

I think you will find there are a very small minority who eat meat exclusively. These people are definitely carnivores .

8 minutes ago, jonnyhonda said:

I think you will find there are a very small minority who eat meat exclusively. These people are definitely carnivores .

I find that unlikely. You'd very likely be incredibly unhealthy. 

2 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Inuits certainly survived eating only meat in the past. I’d imagine that you’d have a disastrous digestive tract if you tried it yourself.

5 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Inuits certainly survived eating only meat in the past. I’d imagine that you’d have a disastrous digestive tract if you tried it yourself.

As the video explains, Inuits managed because they ate raw meat, blubber, raw liver etc. That prevented protein poisoning due to high fat content. They did actually also eat things such as berries, seaweed, tubers so even they didn't eat meat exclusively. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inuit_cuisine 

Edited by Robin-H

1 minute ago, Robin-H said:

As the video explains, Inuits managed because they ate raw meat, blubber, raw liver etc. That prevented protein poisoning due to high fat content. They did actually also eat things such as berries, seaweed, tubers so even they didn't eat meat exclusively. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inuit_cuisine 

I’m not sure that your video is the single, authoritative source of information on Inuit cuisine.

There is a theory that some of them did indeed live solely on seals. That would have included skin and stomach contents too.

Despite the obvious attractiveness of the brand, I doubt that many carnivore Inuits work for Igloo though. So this is all a bit off topic

13 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

I am certainly not advocating it lol , but there are definitely carnivores out there . Have a look at this -

https://www.welovecycling.com/wide/2019/04/18/the-carnivore-diet-why-some-people-decide-to-only-eat-meat/

As , I said , it's not my bag , and I wouldn't argue the benefits or detriments , but I would support their right not to be discriminated against .

Guest makapaka
5 hours ago, jonnyhonda said:

I thought you might not. I find most trendy , Right On ! , liberals are actually the most discriminatory,  inconsiderate , bigoted , tunnel visioned individuals on the planet  who believe discrimination can only exist towards their chosen current favourite minority group , whilst other more mainstream groups (or in this case , an even smaller minority group) are fair game for any amount of discrimination and general abuse .  Perhaps you belong to this group. Personally I believe all law abiding people  should be treated equally , with compassion and a sense of fairness .

Please explain how refusing to pay for a meal  for an employee who only eats meat , whilst paying for all other employee's vegetarian meals is not discriminating against the carnivore ,  because I genuinely cannot see how it can be anything other than discriminatory.

Incidentally I am neither carnivore nor vegan.

Because no one only eats meat.

and because we aren’t carnivores.

and because no one is being prevented from eating - just eating a certain food.

so all your “lefty” rant is irrelevant.

Guest makapaka
8 hours ago, West 77 said:

It's irrelevant why a vegetarian might not eat meat or why a meat eater might not eat vegetables.  What is relevant is that meat eaters employed by Igloo are being discriminated towards. 

Are vegetarian restaurants discriminatory?

18 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Are vegetarian restaurants discriminatory?

Of course not.