Igloo Won't Pay For Your Meat Expenses

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Read my post; 

"I'd like to be in on their interview sessions though.  You can imagine at some point that an interviewee, having been turned down for a job will CLAIM it was because they'd made it clear that they were a meat eater? '

I didn't state they were discriminating against meat eaters but the company has put themselves out their now, clearly indicating, however subtly, that they do not support the meat industry or anyone purchasing products from it. 

“You can imagine at some point that an interviewee, having been turned down for a job will claim it was because they'd made it clear that they were a meat eater? “

31 minutes ago, rachelmum said:

I thought our culture was a democracy rather than a dictatorship. Why are people who enjoy a healthy balanced diet having an employer impose their company ethos on their personal choice. I thought we were being encouraged to diversify and embrace all races/ sexual orientation/disability,  be more inclusive in the workplace. Then it's ok to dicriminate over people who eat meat. I don't think this is going to stand up in the real world and is purely and simply a publicity stunt. 

No one is being discriminated against.

we don’t have democratic votes on business expenses policies.

7 minutes ago, makapaka said:

“You can imagine at some point that an interviewee, having been turned down for a job will claim it was because they'd made it clear that they were a meat eater? “

No one is being discriminated against.

we don’t have democratic votes on business expenses policies.

As I've stated, nobody has made any legal challenge against this - yet?  

If employees are happy to go along with it, fair enough but for me, I'd say it is discriminatory.  The company is quite happy to reimburse employee A but not employee B. 

Guest makapaka
7 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

As I've stated, nobody has made any legal challenge against this - yet?  

If employees are happy to go along with it, fair enough but for me, I'd say it is discriminatory.  The company is quite happy to reimburse employee A but not employee B. 

Are vegetarian restaurants discriminating against people?

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Further to my earlier post, as stated, nobody has actually challenged the company legally on this matter. 

The 2010 Equality Act covers many areas of discrimination, both direct & indirect.  I don't think it would take a lawyer long to find a part that proves the company is discriminating against refusing to pay the expenses of employees who want to eat meat products? 

Take me for example. Coeliac disease. Allergic to tree and peanuts.

Almost every single vegetarian and vegan food uses nuts or legumes to get the protein up. I simply cannot eat them. Notwithstanding medical advice that I should not ever try to be vegetarian as that is likely to end up with me in kwashorkor...

10 hours ago, makapaka said:

Humans are omnivorous.

Humans as a species are omnivorous. Just as a minority of humans do not eat meat (vegetarians , vegans) , another minority only eat meat (carnivores). This policy we are discussing absolutely discriminates against carnivores.  Surely you agree ?

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, jonnyhonda said:

Humans as a species are omnivorous. Just as a minority of humans do not eat meat (vegetarians , vegans) , another minority only eat meat (carnivores). This policy we are discussing absolutely discriminates against carnivores.  Surely you agree ?

No - of course not.

2 hours ago, West 77 said:

It would only prevent a vegetarian/ vegan being able to eat the food of their choice on Igloo expenses in the same way meat eaters can no longer eat the food of their choice on Igloo expenses.

Have a think about why a vegetarian might not eat meat.

and then why a meat eater might not eat vegetables.

that should help you. 

Guest makapaka
8 hours ago, Obelix said:

Take me for example. Coeliac disease. Allergic to tree and peanuts.

Almost every single vegetarian and vegan food uses nuts or legumes to get the protein up. I simply cannot eat them. Notwithstanding medical advice that I should not ever try to be vegetarian as that is likely to end up with me in kwashorkor...

I’m sure people with medical conditions will be considered.

also there are plenty of things you could eat.

2 hours ago, makapaka said:

No - of course not.

I thought you might not. I find most trendy , Right On ! , liberals are actually the most discriminatory,  inconsiderate , bigoted , tunnel visioned individuals on the planet  who believe discrimination can only exist towards their chosen current favourite minority group , whilst other more mainstream groups (or in this case , an even smaller minority group) are fair game for any amount of discrimination and general abuse .  Perhaps you belong to this group. Personally I believe all law abiding people  should be treated equally , with compassion and a sense of fairness .

Please explain how refusing to pay for a meal  for an employee who only eats meat , whilst paying for all other employee's vegetarian meals is not discriminating against the carnivore ,  because I genuinely cannot see how it can be anything other than discriminatory.

Incidentally I am neither carnivore nor vegan.

1 hour ago, jonnyhonda said:

I thought you might not. I find most trendy , Right On ! , liberals are actually the most discriminatory,  inconsiderate , bigoted , tunnel visioned individuals on the planet  who believe discrimination can only exist towards their chosen current favourite minority group , whilst other more mainstream groups (or in this case , an even smaller minority group) are fair game for any amount of discrimination and general abuse .  Perhaps you belong to this group. Personally I believe all law abiding people  should be treated equally , with compassion and a sense of fairness .

Please explain how refusing to pay for a meal  for an employee who only eats meat , whilst paying for all other employee's vegetarian meals is not discriminating against the carnivore ,  because I genuinely cannot see how it can be anything other than discriminatory.

Incidentally I am neither carnivore nor vegan.

Hi Johnny.

If you look closely at  the first half of your post, you might just spot the glaring hypocrisy within it.

As for Igloo discriminating against meat eaters, they clearly aren’t. They will pay expenses for a vegetarian meal, whether that is eaten by a vegetarian, or a meat eater. That’s clearly not discriminatory.

13 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Hi Johnny.

If you look closely at  the first half of your post, you might just spot the glaring hypocrisy within it.

As for Igloo discriminating against meat eaters, they clearly aren’t. They will pay expenses for a vegetarian meal, whether that is eaten by a vegetarian, or a meat eater. That’s clearly not discriminatory.

So , if Igloo would only pay for meat based meals for their employees , be they vegetarian or meat eater , would that be discriminatory towards vegans and vegetarians ?

52 minutes ago, jonnyhonda said:

So , if Igloo would only pay for meat based meals for their employees , be they vegetarian or meat eater , would that be discriminatory towards vegans and vegetarians ?

Vegans and vegetarians don’t eat meat.

Meat eaters do eat vegetables.

I’ll leave you to fill in the gaps.

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

Vegans and vegetarians don’t eat meat.

Meat eaters do eat vegetables.

I’ll leave you to fill in the gaps.

Could I respectfully ask that you read the thread completely before leaping in to speak for Makapaka ( Although he doesn't appear to be able to answer for himself). From the start , my posts have referred to carnivores being discriminated against by Igloo . Carnivores do not eat meat . 

I will repeat yet again . Igloo are absolutely discriminating against carnivores.

Now , I have courteously answered you ,(despite your snide and uncalled for 'I'll leave you to fill in the gaps' remark)  so would you answer my question ? Here it is again -