Trees Spoiling The View

Has anyone got a view on this?

On 17/02/2020 at 16:00, Jason302 said:

I bought my house mainly for the view that I had over the countryside. Whatever the season , the view was a joy to see 

The country club directly in front of me planted some trees a few years back and the trees are quite tall and wide that the branches block the beautiful view that I had and would still like.  If I asked them to cut them back so I get my view back, are they obliged too?

Why don't you just buy the country club or find out why the trees were planted and have some satisfaction in the knowledge

We have a neighbour who has three Leylandii which have now grow to over twenty five foot and are bushing out at the top to three foot over the years they have over hung our gardens and we each year have cut them back from over hanging our side to a point where they do not grow, their just dead brown branches, they are that tall that even when stood on a garden table with extended trimmers we cannot reach the new growth the neighbour is not pleasant and their garden reflects what they think the trees are there just to block the view from the house’s behind them. Are there any alternatives other than the council as we know they have had letters before about the state of their front garden and hedges and they blame everyone for that when the estate was inspected a few years ago after the road and pavements were refurnished?

Leylandii are a menace - IMHO they should be allowed to grow to a maximum of 10ft. 

I inherited a couple of long Leylandii hedges when we moved to France a couple of years ago - luckily Lidl were selling a "chainsaw on a pole pruner"  (more intended for tree branches) when we moved out here so I'm close to getting them tamed.

Good luck.