Trees Spoiling The View

I bought my house mainly for the view that I had over the countryside. Whatever the season , the view was a joy to see 

The country club directly in front of me planted some trees a few years back and the trees are quite tall and wide that the branches block the beautiful view that I had and would still like.  If I asked them to cut them back so I get my view back, are they obliged too?

I don't think they are obliged. There must be a reason for them planting the trees, perhaps a greater level of privacy. Nothing wrong in asking them, but if they agreed, you would probably have to pay for the work yourself. Are they conifers?

51 minutes ago, Chez2 said:

For legislation to kick in there has to be two or more trees in a line to constitute a hedge.  Not sure if they have to be evergreen or semi evergreen, have a look. Here is a link to guidance: https://www.gov.uk/how-to-resolve-neighbour-disputes/high-hedges-trees-and-boundaries

They have to be evergreen or semi-green for that legislation to take effect. 

They would not be obliged to no, we don't have the right to a view. 

Edited by Robin-H

56 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Surely a tree is a view in itself.

There's always one.

C&P

The law does not concern itself with small inconveniences and you are not in a very strong position to compel neighbours to do tree work for minor benefits. The following examples of inconvenience are unlikely to be resolved by courts or by Local Authorities or by other agencies even though some households find such issues intolerable:  Apprehensions you feel due to tree height or it swaying in the wind  Shade (see 15. High Evergreen Hedges).  Sticky ‘honey-dew’ on cars / furniture  Loss of views / screening / shelter  Leaf / fruit / seed fall and small debris  Pollen allergies  Bird droppings  Harmless insects or those with low risk and seasonal impacts  Overhanging branches

https://www.aylesburyvaledc.gov.uk/sites/default/files/page_downloads/Boundaries-and-Tree-Advice-leaflet.pdf

1 hour ago, lazarus said:

No there’s more than one.

Maybe you can't see the woods for the trees.

16 hours ago, Robin-H said:

They have to be evergreen or semi-green for that legislation to take effect. 

They would not be obliged to no, we don't have the right to a view. 

They would be obliged to if the trees fulfilled the criteria in the link. 

On 18/02/2020 at 09:34, Chez2 said:

They would be obliged to if the trees fulfilled the criteria in the link. 

Unfortunately they dont. They dont affect the enjoyment of his home. They affect the enjoyment of his view. Not the same. Like somebody said, we have no right to  a view.