Lost Parcel And Responsibility?

2 hours ago, RiffRaff said:

After all this time, finally got a reply from KnowHow (Currys)!

They've opened a "Lost in Transit Investigation", and will aim to tell us the result in....... 14 days!

Sending a replacement in the meantime?

No. Just going to tell us the result of the investigation!

If this had been a £3 grand Aga...or a massive 2 door Yank fridge, I could understand it.....but it's a metal bread bin!!

Don’t let them get away with that. Register a complaint about how long they’ve taken to deal with your problem.

I’d do it by email, but there are other ways.

All the details are here:

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/customer-complaints-1640-commercial.html

10 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Don’t let them get away with that. Register a complaint about how long they’ve taken to deal with your problem.

I’d do it by email, but there are other ways.

All the details are here:

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/customer-complaints-1640-commercial.html

Yep.

That's where it all started!

58 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

Yep.

That's where it all started!

Do it again. Raise a complaint about how they’ve handled your complaint.

I’ve had to do it a couple of times with them. They get the message in the end. 

Go to the top:

Mark Jones

Mark Jones - Managing Director - Currys PC
Just Google him.  You'll find that he's on LinkedIn.
Send him a message & let him no your problem.  Be a bit cheeky. 
I've seen a few programmes over the years where people have gone straight to the top & the problem was sorted quickly.  Sometimes the CEO's have no idea how poor an organisation is being run further down the chain. 

Edited by Baron99

You've got to laugh!

Having had another go at Curry's - along the lines of the above, i.e. our contract was with you, not the courier, not the maker - it now seems that they've decided to give a refund rather than take any other action!

Got an email from them this evening, in pigeon English , as follows :

"Thank you for your email dated 18th February 2020. Please accept my apologies for the delay in this response.

In relation to your previous email with regards to your SWAN - Retro Bread Bin - Blue you did not receive. I am sorry to learn that you did not get the receive the item the time it was suppose to be delivered.

Upon checking the systems I do see that you refund is in a pending status. You will receive you refund with in 3-5 working days.

I hope that these actions will bring a satisfactory conclusion to this matter.

Thank you for contacting Team knowhow. Please respond via email Our business hours are open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm on Saturday and 9am to 6pm on Sunday.

Kind regards,

Ryan Bock
Team knowhow
"

Shower of <removed> Myhermes, could not get it worse if they tried,
I had an email stating my delivery would be here between 12 and 2 on Sunday afternoon, we thought it unusual when nothing showed by 4pm as the local driver is normally on the ball. at 18.41hrs i get a message parcel delivered into letterbox, i knew then this was going to be fun, the parcel would not fit a letterbox, however we checked our external box, (nothing), i checked the ring doorbell video recorder, (nothing) i checked our cctv (nothing). tried the helpline, useless. Eventually on Monday i was able to access the pic they had as proof of delivery, it was clearly the wrong house, i got in touch with the actual company who i purchased the items from, they were great so apologetic and they said they have asked the courier to go back get the parcel and redeliver, latest possible time for delivery today Wednesday, guess what i got nowt.
Now me being me, i thought i know i will try the same house number on the next road along, (it has happened before although it was 3 roads along that time), low and behold the letter box matches the pic that my hermes sent me, so i knocked on the door.
Well, where do i start, this scruffy smelly vile creature answered and he must have known straight away, as he was straight into wtf do you effin want, i went on to explain the delivery confusion, he was laughing his head off saying if i want it i have to pay him, i told him that was obviously not going to happen, which seemed to disappoint him, so he turned to threats, and that he has all my details of the parcel and the advice note and he will do this that and the other to me my family or our home. I walked away, those that know me know that i would not normally back down to creatures of this ilk, however in the back of my mind i recalled the block of flats is now a refuge/halfway house for paedophiles and sex offenders. i had no choice but to walk away, who knows how it would have finished, although i am worried as he has our details from the parcel and advice note,
MyHerpes don't use them, they are truly awful, they lie steal cheat, and leave it's customers in a very dangerous situation
Edited by nikki-red

6 hours ago, hotrock said:
Shower of <removed> Myhermes, could not get it worse if they tried,
I had an email stating my delivery would be here between 12 and 2 on Sunday afternoon, we thought it unusual when nothing showed by 4pm as the local driver is normally on the ball. at 18.41hrs i get a message parcel delivered into letterbox, i knew then this was going to be fun, the parcel would not fit a letterbox, however we checked our external box, (nothing), i checked the ring doorbell video recorder, (nothing) i checked our cctv (nothing). tried the helpline, useless. Eventually on Monday i was able to access the pic they had as proof of delivery, it was clearly the wrong house, i got in touch with the actual company who i purchased the items from, they were great so apologetic and they said they have asked the courier to go back get the parcel and redeliver, latest possible time for delivery today Wednesday, guess what i got nowt.
Now me being me, i thought i know i will try the same house number on the next road along, (it has happened before although it was 3 roads along that time), low and behold the letter box matches the pic that my hermes sent me, so i knocked on the door.
Well, where do i start, this scruffy smelly vile creature answered and he must have known straight away, as he was straight into wtf do you effin want, i went on to explain the delivery confusion, he was laughing his head off saying if i want it i have to pay him, i told him that was obviously not going to happen, which seemed to disappoint him, so he turned to threats, and that he has all my details of the parcel and the advice note and he will do this that and the other to me my family or our home. I walked away, those that know me know that i would not normally back down to creatures of this ilk, however in the back of my mind i recalled the block of flats is now a refuge/halfway house for paedophiles and sex offenders. i had no choice but to walk away, who knows how it would have finished, although i am worried as he has our details from the parcel and advice note,
MyHerpes don't use them, they are truly awful, they lie steal cheat, and leave it's customers in a very dangerous situation

Think I'd tend to inform Plod about this, particularly regarding the instability of your "neighbour".

Incidentally, how did you manage to get the "pic they had as proof of delivery"?

In our case, the refund from Curry's - that we didn't request, don't forget! - appeared in our PayPal account today.

What a way to operate a business! A customer complains, they acknowledge, but instead of sorting the problem, simply get rid of the complaint by refunding the payment!

Can't wait for the "How do we do?" questionnaire!

Edited by RiffRaff

On 27/02/2020 at 19:18, RiffRaff said:

Think I'd tend to inform Plod about this, particularly regarding the instability of your "neighbour".

Incidentally, how did you manage to get the "pic they had as proof of delivery"?

In our case, the refund from Curry's - that we didn't request, don't forget! - appeared in our PayPal account today.

What a way to operate a business! A customer complains, they acknowledge, but instead of sorting the problem, simply get rid of the complaint by refunding the payment!

Can't wait for the "How do we do?" questionnaire!

on the myhermes app, you can track your parcel, and the delivery guy takes a pic if parcel is left somewhere where no contact has been made, they then upload it to the app, i sent them our pictures to prove they dropped the parcel at the wrong address, but still no response

Edited by nikki-red

37 minutes ago, hotrock said:

on the myhermes app, you can track your parcel, and the delivery guy takes a pic if parcel is left somewhere where no contact has been made, they then upload it to the app, i sent them our pictures to prove they dropped the parcel at the wrong address, but still no response

Ah - that's the difference, then.

Contact was made - albeit the wrong person and address! - and an indecipherable signature obtained.

Item delivered, signature obtained, so deemed pointless taking a photo.

hermes are still bad then they lost my  item  and gave me the run around not our problem guv type attitude the now defunct retailer was blaming them no help at all  refused too do anything ,  had too get paypal involved too get a refund, a few years ago this mind ,

now i check before ordering if company uses hermes they don't get the order i buy elsewhere.

Edited by oldskool