Lost Parcel And Responsibility?

Ordered/paid Currys for item.

Felt chase-up required as no sign of goods.

Hermes tracker, image of signature, delivered one week prior.

Illegible signature, parcel "left with neighbour".

No card through letterbox.

Checked with nearby neighbours - no knowledge.

Chased Hermes. "Contact Currys".

Contacted Currys. "Sent direct from manufacturer. Chase them".

My argument is that I paid the retailer - it should be them having to email/ring around to find these goods?

Out of interest, what do you reckon?

up to the retailer, surely? They took your money

Curry’s are often like that.

Your contract is with them. Explain that to them carefully. Then tell them you’d like them to sort it out. They will if you are insistent enough.

Keep trying Currys but if you paid by credit card or PayPal, I'd get in touch with them.

If you're purchase is over £100 & you paid with a credit card & you get no joy out of Currys / Hermes, you should be covered for a full refund under Section 75 of Consumer Credit Act. 

You're not responsible for their incompetence. 

Plenty of explanations on how to claim on the Internet. 

35 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Keep trying Currys but if you paid by credit card or PayPal, I'd get in touch with them.

You've got to be a bit more careful if buying goods on a credit card via PayPal (or others, such as Amazon), as you are not buying goods directly from them, they are seen as an intermediary & claiming refunds under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act doesn't apply.  PayPal do have their own Codes of Practice for claims / problems, including I believe misdeliveries but they aren't as robust as the cover under the actual Act. 

See info below:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/PayPal-Section75/

But there are possible exceptions if a Commercial Entity Agreement is in place. 

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/section-75-of-the-consumer-credit-act

Edited by Baron99

Complain publicly by social media, they always act quickly when its made public:

https://www.facebook.com/curryspcworld/

https://twitter.com/curryspcworld

Octopus Energy were absolutely dire with me, ignored all my emails.  But as soon as I made it public on their FB page they couldn't act quick enough.

The fact is the supplier chose the carrier, and so, the supplier, he had made himself responsible for any problems resulting.  'Left with anonymous neighbour' needs to be clarified to who and where, or perhaps the courier just kept the package for themselves. Whether the courier delivered to someone down the street, to his brother-in-law, or to some local fence of stolen goods, you paid, and you want you your product. You shouldn't even have to insist on knowing where the package actually went (if it even did) - the supplier ensures, one way or another, that your order is met, or you get your money back. I hate this kind of thing - I have had things, usually books, go missing in the mail more than once and there is always a load of bull**** to wade through before it gets resolved.      

5 hours ago, Bodley Fludes said:

The fact is the supplier chose the carrier, and so, the supplier, he had made himself responsible for any problems resulting.  'Left with anonymous neighbour' needs to be clarified to who and where, or perhaps the courier just kept the package for themselves. Whether the courier delivered to someone down the street, to his brother-in-law, or to some local fence of stolen goods, you paid, and you want you your product. You shouldn't even have to insist on knowing where the package actually went (if it even did) - the supplier ensures, one way or another, that your order is met, or you get your money back. I hate this kind of thing - I have had things, usually books, go missing in the mail more than once and there is always a load of bull**** to wade through before it gets resolved.      

See your point, but in this case Currys are claiming they're not actually "the supplier", although the order was placed through them, and the payment made to them.

My argument with them is that, as purchaser, how would I have known that they didn't actually stock the item, but merely pass an order on to the manufacturer?

So far, all three parties are refusing to accept any blame - Currys, Swans (the maker) and Hermes.

1 hour ago, RiffRaff said:

See your point, but in this case Currys are claiming they're not actually "the supplier", although the order was placed through them, and the payment made to them.

My argument with them is that, as purchaser, how would I have known that they didn't actually stock the item, but merely pass an order on to the manufacturer?

So far, all three parties are refusing to accept any blame - Currys, Swans (the maker) and Hermes.

Legally, your contract is with Curry’s.

Tell them that.

Also tell them that if they don’t resolve the dispute, you’ll take them to small claims court. Also tell them that you’ll claim for costs too.

That should get things moving for you. If it doesn’t, then put a small claim into the court. It is easy and cheap. And you will win.

Simple Supply  Chain Management.

You speak to the shop you paid the money to (Currys).

Its up to them to continue down the chain to get a result.

Currys are happy enough to use the supply chain process when it benefits them - i.e. acting as middleman and buying goods cheap from the manufacturer.

After all this time, finally got a reply from KnowHow (Currys)!

They've opened a "Lost in Transit Investigation", and will aim to tell us the result in....... 14 days!

Sending a replacement in the meantime?

No. Just going to tell us the result of the investigation!

If this had been a £3 grand Aga...or a massive 2 door Yank fridge, I could understand it.....but it's a metal bread bin!!