The Blades & European Football

Could the Blades get European football?

Seems crazy, but there's a chance there for us, considering how many 'top' sides haven't performed this season, it could be the best opportunity we'll ever have. 

Don't wake me up! 

If city don't get their punishment overturned then I'd say your a shoe in for the Europa League, I don't think you'll get champions League but going on how poor the top sides have been it wouldn't surprise me if you did

Well. The Premier League supplied all four clubs in the two European cup finals last season, so they're not that poor are they ?

6 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

Well. The Premier League supplied all four clubs in the two European cup finals last season, so they're not that poor are they ?

Liverpool aren't and city up to a point but don't make out Arsenal, Man u or Tottenham have been great this season because they haven't, Tottenham seem to of gone backwards. That's not taking away from how well you've done, you deserve to be where you are though and this punishment could of guaranteed Europe if it's not overturned

I'm not counting my red & white chickens yet. 

As I understand it, City are intending to legally challenge the punishment, therefore this would suggest that everything will be suspended, pending the outcome of the legal challenge?  And how long will this take going through the courts? 

My guess is that City will be playing in Europe at least next season?  Plus the FA will be waiting to see what the court decision is before considering any points deduction from within the EPL?

While I'd welcome any opportunity to see the Blades playing in the Champions League, I'd rather we did it properly by continuing to climb the EPL. 

Edited by Baron99

Id say theres every chance,utd are in a great position and there destiny is in there own hands,be great to have european football back in sheffield,gives the whole city a boost,its been WAY too long since weve had something to celebrate in a city thats sports mad and way too long since weve had euro football in this city

I maybe an Owl,and wish it was us without a doubt,but Il be made up for my utd mates if they get there,its an incredible ride under wilder,rags to riches in such a very short space.

Sheffield United are on a high because we now have an owner who is passionate about football and watches  more football games on video than most people in the game. He has regular meetings with all the staff running the club ie the meetings in Dubai last week and has decided on many updates for the ground, the squad of players, the training ground etc

Success on the pitch is just reward for all this effort from many people and the supporters are appreciating every second of it.  The atmosphere at matches is electric and if we get to play in Europe we will give it 110% as always UTB

Well if they do get European football, It's worth 50 million pounds.

On 16/02/2020 at 09:19, NERVY-OWL said:

Liverpool aren't and city up to a point but don't make out Arsenal, Man u or Tottenham have been great this season because they haven't, Tottenham seem to of gone backwards. That's not taking away from how well you've done, you deserve to be where you are though and this punishment could of guaranteed Europe if it's not overturned

Don't you think the Blades are doing great?  I do and the reason is the just play to win every game and it is working

Would you turn a pay rise down if your employer was supplying a good product and wanted to reward his employees. NO

7 hours ago, barry-333 said:

Don't you think the Blades are doing great?  I do and the reason is the just play to win every game and it is working

Would you turn a pay rise down if your employer was supplying a good product and wanted to reward his employees. NO

I did say you are doing well and deserve to be where you are. Next season will be the test though, Europe too soon could upset that but we'll see

59 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

I did say you are doing well and deserve to be where you are. Next season will be the test though, Europe too soon could upset that but we'll see

Agree with you that next season is the big test but I believe that we've now established ourselves in that upper second group in the Premiership.  That group of teams who will always be there or thereabouts, putting pressure on the 'big' 5 & occasionally up setting the.  This season's been a bonus & we deserve to be where we are. 

6 months since the I'm still hearing / reading that the Blades have some sort of secret system as to how we play that other managers & teams can't fathom out?

I'll tell you what it is?  Sheer bloody hard work from all of them from Wilder, Knill & all the players, all pulling together.  No prima donnas in our squad. 

Let's hope that as the money comes rolling in & we start to invest in more technically gifted players, we don't buy any 'show ponies', though I'd trust Wilder to knock any pretentiousness out of them. 

Wilder won the League Manager Association's Manager of the Year at the end of last season & surely he must be more than a shoe in already for this season given our performance? 

What Staninoodle said,

Great to put Sheffield on the Europe map, obviously prefer it to be the Owls but if it can't be then best of luck to the Blades.

Whatever happens it won't stop my Blades mates rubbing the salt in at the Owls woes.