Rip Caroline Flack

43 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Her and her boyfriend did mess the police about. After her boyfriend phoned them up stating that she had smashed a lamp over his head ( police had pictures to prove it) he then withdrew his complaint.  She was still expected to stand before magistrates for this crime. This is what worried her, as she feared being jailed.

I thought that if he didn't press charges that would be the end of it,  any wasting of police time would be a smaller charge which would be for both of them,  sorry,  I'm not quite understanding it.

1 hour ago, cressida said:

I thought that if he didn't press charges that would be the end of it,  any wasting of police time would be a smaller charge which would be for both of them,  sorry,  I'm not quite understanding it.

The victim doesn't have to press charges, the police can do it themselves. This is to stop those who are abused or beaten refusing to report a crime due to fear/a misplaced sense of love/intimidation etc.

Er

.. never heard of her, but it seems to me that media fame leads to media pain.

Suicide... What a waste.