Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

23 minutes ago, RJRB said:

But is there any sort of unanimity about the version of Brexit that will be welcomed by those who voted to leave?

In fact was there ever?

Will we get the hard line Farage version  or a negotiated deal .

Either way the reality will split the support and heap criticism on Johnson and co.

I can only speak for myself and I have made my thoughts clear over many posts.

Probably no unanimous aims among all brexiteers but I have only spoken in depth to the few in my circle.

I would only accept a no-strings deal which fully preserves our Soverignty which would be mutually beneficial to trade for both ourselves and the EU.

If that is not possible then a no deal ending would suit me fine.

I would certainly not be held to ransom as we have in the past.

6 hours ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Yes, feel free to hang onto the coat-tails of Brexiters that do know what they are talking about.

I always feel free to do anything I wish without permission from you or anybody else.

I fail to see why your opinion should matter to me.

7 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

The performance of all of us who wanted Brexit can't have been that bad because we got it.

That's what's needling you remainers.

I’m not needled by it at all.

I know that it will be a catastrophe for our country, but it’s your catastrophe. Just make sure that you have the gonads to own the mess that you’ve visited upon us.

38 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I know that it will be a catastrophe for our country, but it’s your catastrophe. Just make sure that you have the gonads to own the mess that you’ve visited upon us.

For my part,  I have stated that I voted for Brexit and I'm prepared to endure what comes of that decision.

If Remain had won, I would equally have had to endure the results from that. That's democracy in action.

Just remember that it was the majority of all the voters who voted in that referendum and all made the same decision and not just a couple of posters on Sheffield Forum.

I'm quite sure that it would have been a catastrophe to have stayed in so exactly the same as you, I voted for what I believed was best.

My view of the remainers  up to now has been that no matter how it goes, they will still say that it would have been even better if we hadn't left even though we were still ruled from Brussels.

17 hours ago, Pettytom said:

I believe that January 01 1973 was a catastrophe for the UK, the day we joined the EEC. Our membership of this neo-liberal globalist trading bloc with designs on being a super power was a catastrophe, and it's taken us 47 years to start to disentangle ourselves from this many tentacled beast.

Our EU membership was a failed experiment, and that is how history will remember it. The EU greatly benefited the ruling class at the expense of the workers. But the workers revolted...

Edited by Car Boot

49 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Our EU membership was a failed experiment, and that is how history will remember it. The EU greatly benefited the ruling class at the expense of the workers. But the workers revolted...

And I'm sure you will tell us all how those workers are going to benefit....become seasonal pumpkin pickers maybe?

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

I believe that January 01 1973 was a catastrophe for the UK, the day we joined the EEC. Our membership of this neo-liberal globalist trading bloc with designs on being a super power was a catastrophe, and it's taken us 47 years to start to disentangle ourselves from this many tentacled beast.

Per capita GDP of the UK economy grew by 103% since 1973, exceeding the 97% growth of the US

22 minutes ago, taxman said:

And I'm sure you will tell us all how those workers are going to benefit....become seasonal pumpkin pickers maybe?

he wont tell you anything, pure propaganda no facts, no solutions, no sense

They did revolt.

Standing shoulder to shoulder with Banks, Rees-Mogg, Widdecombe, and all their rabid far right mates.

Just don’t come running to me when they destroy your hard earned employment rights.

how can 47 years be a failure? surely it was a success for 47 years? how many years would it show as being a success?

18 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

For my part,  I have stated that I voted for Brexit and I'm prepared to endure what comes of that decision.

If Remain had won, I would equally have had to endure the results from that. That's democracy in action.

Just remember that it was the majority of all the voters who voted in that referendum and all made the same decision and not just a couple of posters on Sheffield Forum.

I'm quite sure that it would have been a catastrophe to have stayed in so exactly the same as you, I voted for what I believed was best.

My view of the remainers  up to now has been that no matter how it goes, they will still say that it would have been even better if we hadn't left even though we were still ruled from Brussels.

But why did you think that?

If it were shown that the reasons you voted to leave were based on a series of fallacies and lies, and that those who promoted the leave party are in fact financially benefiting from the leave vote while at the same time, leaving the country, and investing in Europe would you not question your logic at voting leave?