We’re excited to announce the forum is under new management! Click here for details.

Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

Groose

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute.

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by Groose

2 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Why do you assume that 65 million people in the UK have the right to vote?

Why do you assume a right wing Tory government will deliver anything to the working class.

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/471637-consequences-of-brexit-part-9-read-first-post-before-posting/page/88/?tab=comments#comment-8372713

Edited by Longcol

You said the majority of the UK, not the majority of the electorate...

...talking about the uneducated....

5 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Sorry - not clear if you are talking about the referendum or last years GE here

Typo error that's been corrected but REALLY?  Clearly referring to the referendum if you look at the stats provided.  There's even a BBC link.

That's all you've got, then? All you you can pull me up on is a typo?  I must be doing something right then & when the FACTS can't be challenged? 

I'll settle for that.  A typo & being right. 

4 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Why do you assume a right wing Tory government will deliver anything to the working class.

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/471637-consequences-of-brexit-part-9-read-first-post-before-posting/page/88/?tab=comments#comment-8372713

This is where I think certain people have been misled...

Some people think that the Tory dictatorship (for that is what we have at the moment with Mr Boshambles ruling by decree) will deliver what they were promised.

And this is when it is slowly dawning on them that they were CONNED...

And so to save face (rather than save the country) they are pointing the finger anywhere else but at their own faces....

I can already hear "wasn't me I didn't do it, a big boy did it and ran away" coming out left, right and centre.

Accept it - you screwed us over - well done.

8 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Still waiting for the beneficial evidence of brexit...

Been waiting for 3 years now...

Care to provide evidence not your typical hollow rhetoric?

Please?????

Pretty please....

Pretty please with straight bananas on it?

Edited by Litotes

9 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Typo error that's been corrected but REALLY?  Clearly referring to the referendum if you look at the stats provided.  There's even a BBC link.

That's all you've got, then? All you you can pull me up on is a typo?  I must be doing something right then & when the FACTS can't be challenged? 

I'll settle for that.  A typo & being right. 

Then why would students voting at home or in the city where their university was made any difference? It wouldn't make any difference in a referendum - it would in a GE. You can't vote tactically at a referendum.

I think you're getting the two mixed up- or maybe the referendum and the 2017 GE.

Edited by Longcol

4 minutes ago, Litotes said:

This is where I think certain people have been misled...

My bold. 

Totally agree.  History will show that 16,414,000 or 48% of the eligible voting population were scared by 'Project Fear', the thought of WWIII breaking out the day after the referendum & Chicken Lickin' being let loose. 

10 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Then why would students voting at home or in the city where their university was made any difference? It wouldn't make any difference in a referendum - it would in a GE. You can't vote tactically at a referendum.

I think you're getting the two mixed up- or maybe the referendum and the 2017 GE.

Maybe I have, maybe I've not?  Maybe it's the whiskey?  I'll concede in part. 

4 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Maybe I have, maybe I've not?  Maybe it's the whiskey?  I'll concede in part. 

I only ever drink beer when I'm on SF - enjoy 😉

2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

I only ever drink beer when I'm on SF - enjoy 😉

Cheers 🥃

39 minutes ago, Litotes said:

You said the majority of the UK, not the majority of the electorate...

...talking about the uneducated....

So you recognise that the majority of the people who made their voices heard democratically voted to Leave the EU. That's good then. 

So you recognise that the majority of the people who made their voices heard democratically voted to Leave the EU. That's good then. 

"Good" as in they followed the line of the right wing of the Tory Party?

That's going to do a lot of "good" for the working class.

Just now, Longcol said:

"Good" as in they followed the line of the right wing of the Tory Party?

That's going to do a lot of "good" for the working class.

The right wing of the Tory Party, 'Austerity Osbourne' and 'Cuts in benefits Cameron' supported our EU membership. These EU rich boys didn't do a lot of good for the working class.