Jump to content
The Christmas Logo Competition is back. See thread in Sheffield Discussions for details ×

Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

Groose

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute.

 

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by Groose

Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Milliband, brought in at the last minute, owns Boris' on his own deal!

 

 

Had him on toast. 

Edited by tinfoilhat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, L00b said:

Theresa May started on that one before Johnson, she'd never got over the losses which the ECtHR had inflicted upon her during her tenure as Home Secretary.

 

It was always going to happen anyway, what with the changing British political landscape, as I remember discussing it time and again 4+ years ago (if not earlier, but can't be ar5ed to search further).

The problem has always been that there is nothing you can replace the ECHR with which isn't, in effect, the ECHR.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it was always said the northern island border would be a problem,but boris said everything was fine and ready as he wrote it,alas not so and now its a big problem and everyone is wrong except him,what a mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, andyofborg said:

The problem has always been that there is nothing you can replace the ECHR with which isn't, in effect, the ECHR.

Indeed, but then you are assuming there, that the current government would want to replace the ECHR with 'something'.

 

After last night, it really is not a safe assumption anymore.

 

15 September today: a month to go now, until 'no deal' enters the final straight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, bassett one said:

it was always said the northern island border would be a problem,but boris said everything was fine and ready as he wrote it,alas not so and now its a big problem and everyone is wrong except him,what a mess.

Every thing would be fine if the EU were acting in good faith regarding a future trade deal. The new domestic legislation is an insurance policy to prevent a mess involving Northern Ireland if a trade deal is not agreed with the EU. Thankfully Boris has a big majority and has the support of the DUP which means it is not a big problem and the legislation will get through parliament easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Every thing would be fine if the EU were acting in good faith regarding a future trade deal. The new domestic legislation is an insurance policy to prevent a mess involving Northern Ireland if a trade deal is not agreed with the EU. Thankfully Boris has a big majority and has the support of the DUP which means it is not a big problem and the legislation will get through parliament easily.

Can you be specific about the ways that the EU are not acting in good faith?

 

Its a lovely Boris sound bite, but, like most of his claims, it doesn’t stand up to any sort of scrutiny 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Can you be specific about the ways that the EU are not acting in good faith?

 

Its a lovely Boris sound bite, but, like most of his claims, it doesn’t stand up to any sort of scrutiny 

The UK negotiating team led by David Frost have said the EU haven't been acting in good faith which is good enough for me. I'm on the side of my own country. The issue of third country status is one example why our elected government believe the EU are not acting in good faith.  The new domestic legislation passed its second reading without any problems yesterday proving  Boris Johnson's claims have stood up to scrutiny. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The UK negotiating team led by David Frost have said the EU haven't been acting in good faith which is good enough for me. I'm on the side of my own country. The issue of third country status is one example why our elected government believe the EU are not acting in good faith.  The new domestic legislation passed its second reading without any problems yesterday proving  Boris Johnson's claims have stood up to scrutiny. 

I’ll take that as a “no” then.

 

You really shouldn’t make claims if you can’t substantiate them.  Unless you are PM, of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I’ll take that as a “no” then.

 

You really shouldn’t make claims if you can’t substantiate them.  Unless you are PM, of course.

I'm repeating claims my own elected government have stated so don't need to substantiate anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I'm repeating claims my own elected government have stated so don't need to substantiate anything. 

The claims are being made by a man who has serious issues with the truth. But if you are happy to take the word of a notorious liar, that’s fine.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

The claims are being made by a man who has serious issues with the truth. But if you are happy to take the word of a notorious liar, that’s fine.

 

Whatever.

I'm happy we have a Tory government with an eighty seat majority. I'm happy we officially left the EU on 31st January. I'm happy we have a government that will not allow an extension to the transitional period. I'm happy we have a government that won't take any nonsense from the EU. I'm happy we have Prime Minister who is prepared to put British law above international law. I'm happy we have a Prime Minister and government who have outmaneuvered the EU and not prepared to let the EU  weaken our nation's negotiating position for a trade agreement because of the NI situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Whatever.

I'm happy we have a Tory government with an eighty seat majority. I'm happy we officially left the EU on 31st January. I'm happy we have a government that will not allow an extension to the transitional period. I'm happy we have a government that won't take any nonsense from the EU. I'm happy we have Prime Minister who is prepared to put British law above international law. I'm happy we have a Prime Minister and government who have outmaneuvered the EU and not prepared to let the EU  weaken our nation's negotiating position for a trade agreement because of the NI situation. 

One that has to break a deal despite them saying it was "oven ready". Hmmm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.