Jump to content

Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute.

 

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by Vaati

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, L00b said:

You should increase your reading comprehension. Or stock up on Kleenexes.

You should stop writing nonsense.

 

12 hours ago, El Cid said:

The anti-Brexit mob are  now a majority.

Once the Tories ditch Johnson and get a moderate leader, he/she may join the single market and get us to a place, that people voted for.

Nonsense.  It was made perfectly clear before the EU referendum vote that leaving the EU also meant leaving the single market. Those voting to leave the EU who were the majority of the electorate voted to completely leave the EU which has been implemented thanks to the leadership of Boris.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, retep said:

"Sturgeon said she would first request permission from the UK government to hold the vote via a so-called Section 30 order, though Prime Minister Boris Johnson has consistently refused. The next step, she said, is that “the lawfulness must be established by fact and not opinion.” 

Highlighted the salient words for your benefit.
 

Do you need help with what “established by fact and not opinion” actually means, in the context of the highlighted sequence?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, West 77 said:

You should stop writing nonsense.

 

Nonsense.  It was made perfectly clear before the EU referendum vote that leaving the EU also meant leaving the single market. Those voting to leave the EU who were the majority of the electorate voted to completely leave the EU which has been implemented thanks to the leadership of Boris.

I should stop writing nonsense?

But what is more concerning is the number of people who believe in an imaginary mandate to leave the single market, or rather to withdraw from the EEA Agreement. No such mandate exists. Vote Leave did not ever present to the electorate a plan for Brexit, and did not advocate leaving the single market. Don’t believe me? Our website is still online at voteleavetakecontrol.org. Take a look at our campaign messages and our claims. We argue for things which are utterly achievable in the EEA and make no mention at all of leaving the single market
From an ex-Vote Leave staffer.


https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2017/08/take-it-vote-leave-staffer-there-no-mandate-quit-single-market

 

How about you take a leaf out of your own book 🤪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, West 77 said:

It was made perfectly clear before the EU referendum vote that leaving the EU also meant leaving the single market.

Daniel Hannan : "Absolutely nobody is talking about threatening our place in the Single Market"

 

this isn't an opinion, it's recorded fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember what was said and discussed at the time.  Unlike some of the anti Brexit / anti democratic mob I don't try to re write history.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seem to remember there was talk of various types of "hard" or "soft" Brexit during the campaign, and any such talk of a hard Brexit was quickly dismissed, especially by the official campaign.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, geared said:

I seem to remember there was talk of various types of "hard" or "soft" Brexit during the campaign, and any such talk of a hard Brexit was quickly dismissed, especially by the official campaign.

 

 

I believe your memory is playing tricks. The terms hard and soft Brexit only became widely used after the democratic British people voted to leave the EU on 23rd June 2016.  A hard Brexit never materialised because the UK didn't leave the EU without a withdrawal agreement and a trade deal was negotiated between the UK and EU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, West 77 said:

I remember what was said and discussed at the time.  Unlike some of the anti Brexit / anti democratic mob I don't try to re write history.

 

 

 

 

Both videos dated after the referendum.

 

But you “don’t rewrite history” 😏

5 hours ago, West 77 said:

I believe your memory is playing tricks. The terms hard and soft Brexit only became widely used after the democratic British people voted to leave the EU on 23rd June 2016.  A hard Brexit never materialised because the UK didn't leave the EU without a withdrawal agreement and a trade deal was negotiated between the UK and EU.

A hard Brexit materialised as the TCA, which is why the UK’s trade performance is currently the worst ever (since records began, per today’s FT).

 

You are mistaking a ‘hard Brexit’ for a ‘no deal Brexit’ never materialising. That would have been still worse for the UK (‘told you at the time aplenty, and what were your replies then? Ah yes…”nonsense” 🙄)

 

But well, there’s hope for you yet: if the UK goes ahead with the TCA-breaching NIP Bill, there is a distinct possibility of the EU27 pulling the TCA altogether to put some manners on ye. Now that would be a ‘no deal Brexit’ 👍🏻

Edited by L00b
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, L00b said:

Both videos dated after the referendum.

 

But you “don’t rewrite history” 😏

 

Nonsense. If English was your first language you would know the politicians were talking about a future event (EU referendum vote) and not a past event which had already happen (EU referendum vote)  The David Cameron comments should have helped you to date the videos.

 

8 minutes ago, L00b said:

 

A hard Brexit materialised as the TCA, which is why the UK’s trade performance is currently the worst ever (since records began, per today’s FT).

 

You are mistaking a ‘hard Brexit’ for a ‘no deal Brexit’ never materialising. That would have been still worse for the UK (‘told you at the time aplenty, and what were your replies then? Ah yes…”nonsense” 🙄)

 

But well, there’s hope for you yet: if the UK goes ahead with the TCA-breaching NIP Bill, there is a distinct possibility of the EU27 pulling the TCA altogether to put some manners on ye. Now that would be a ‘no deal Brexit’ 👍🏻

Even more nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Nonsense. If English was your first language you would know the politicians were talking about a future event (EU referendum vote) and not a past event which had already happen (EU referendum vote)  The David Cameron comments should have helped you to date the videos.

 

Even more nonsense.

Here's some more for you to "nonsense" at, since that is all which you are capable of contributing in here:

Quote

The UK’s trade performance fell to its worst level since records began in the first quarter of 2022, heaping more pressure on sterling in international currency markets.


Although the Office for National Statistics warned that the figures it published were “subject to higher levels of uncertainty than normal”, the new system it used to collect the trade data based on customs records was chosen because it was thought to be more accurate.

 The weak performance of UK exports and a surge in imports will add to pressure on the government over the damaging economic effects of Brexit as the official figures corroborate academic studies showing a rupture in UK exports since the new border controls were imposed in 2021.

The data showed that the UK’s current account deficit was 8.3 per cent of gross domestic product in the first quarter of 2022, a deterioration from an average of 2.6 per cent across all the quarters of 2021.

That was the worst figure on record since quarterly balance of payments data was first published in 1955.

 

https://www.ft.com/content/a31b4b8e-f9fc-4f1e-84c1-3632f194

Edited by L00b

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, L00b said:

Here's some more for you to "nonsense" at, since that is all which you are capable of contributing in here:

https://www.ft.com/content/a31b4b8e-f9fc-4f1e-84c1-3632f194

Bad link, looks like it got truncated...

 

UK trade performance falls to worst level on record in first quarter:

https://www.ft.com/content/a31b4b8e-f9fc-4f1e-84c1-3632f194d05a

 

 

Exports to the EU down 13.6% this year, but 25% since 2019!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Looks like the EU is in for a bad time, just wait till they fully stop Ukraine gas and oil and see that affect bite harder as well.

 

As we keep being reminded by someone on here, the UK has high Oil prices £/$ exchange rate and the EU are also going down the same. 

 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/euro-slumps-to-20-year-low-against-dollar-in-fresh-blow-for-brussels-live-updates/ar-AAZcRBT

 

 

Edited by Dromedary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.