Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

Big delays for people using P&O. Good. Maybe think twice about using that scab outfit in future, eh. I do appreciate some people will have booked their crossing before P&O sacked all their staff, so that's bad luck for them. Hopefully they'll not book with them again.

Edited by Delbow

52 minutes ago, L00b said:

most simply thought that you lot were mad, 

So I’m happy enough to let them bask in their victimhood, and continue to wonder 😊

We're not all mad baskers though.

1 hour ago, L00b said:

They seem to have enough immigration and customs officers for the rest of the year. At least per sibon’s anecdotal experience at the top of the page, and my own across decades of Chunnelling.

Who should pay for those extra French immigration officers, which you seem to believe are required in Calais in July and August?

Don’t  suggest French hotels, businesses, etc. : they get very decent business from EU27 holidaymakers and others (US, China, Japan…) at this time of year already (note I’m not dissing British holidaymakers’  business, here: just putting it in its broader and proper trading context).

Obviously they didn’t have enough staff today 

1 hour ago, L00b said:

The truth, of course, is that most Europeans are long past caring about the UK leaving the EU, enough so to want to ‘punish’ the British (not that they ever wanted to in the first place, mind: by the evidence of Continental media reports, articles and vox pops of the last 6 years, most simply thought that you lot were mad, then shrugged and moved onto something else).

I can confirm that is generally the attitude in the Republic of Ireland with regard to this farce. I'm half Irish and have a large family over there.

Their intially thoughts were that we'd gone mad, or as they put it " Lost the run of ourselves " that then turned to amusement when all the self serving 'cake and eat it' shenanigans began. They have now started feeling sorry for us, as it's obvious that it's not going to turn out well. Despite what some may say the majority of people in the Republic are quite fond of the English/British. Many have relatives and friends like me over here and wish us well in the main.

Obviously, it's a bit more complex for the Irish given the political situation and ill intentioned people such as the DUP and those they represent trying to take advantage of the situation and being pandered to by the Tory's.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gormenghast said:

We're not all mad baskers though.

I know that well.

At least 48% of the electorate back then.

And most likely many more by now.

But then, I have much more insights into Brits and the question, than most Continentals would have.

45 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Obviously they didn’t have enough staff today 

You haven’t answered my question.

Are you offering to pay for that extra immigration staff in Dover and Calais?

What makes you so much more deserving than de-planing Americans, Chinese, Japanese…?

They’re coming in, getting immigration checked, and spending their hard-earned in French hotels, museums, restaurants and beach bars just the same as Brits.

Edited by L00b

3 minutes ago, L00b said:

I know that well.
At least 48% of the electorate back then.

And most likely many more by now. 😊

You haven’t answered my question.

Are you offering to pay for that extra immigration staff?

No . Whose fault is it that they haven’t enough staff  ?

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Yours.

Well, Britain’s choice to Brexit, and then the particular form of Brexit adopted (no more FoM).

Heh, by all means keep trying. It will sink in. Eventually.

Edited by L00b

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

If France had left the EU I'm sure you Brexiters would have been delighted to use £ms of UK taxpayer cash to enable the French to enter the UK a bit quicker.

13 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

If France had left the EU I'm sure you Brexiters would have been delighted to use £ms of UK taxpayer cash to enable the French to enter the UK a bit quicker.

They can fill the tunnel in for me :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, West 77 said:

There was only one choice of Brexit and that was to fully leave the EU.  It was made perfectly clear before the referendum vote that leaving the EU would mean the end of freedom of movement.  If the French weren't so  bone idle then there wouldn't be any major problems post Brexit.

You're trying to rewrite history again. The leave campaigns were deliberately vague about what form brexit would take so that they could dodge awkward questions about it and so people would project their own ideas of what they wanted from brexit onto the question rather than consider the likely consequences. Even Nigel Farage said shortly before the vote that a Norway style deal would be OK.

Brexit has been a complete disaster end of.

Just now, ukdobby said:

Brexit has been a complete disaster end of.

Not really , we have found out how snidey some nations  really are