Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute.

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by Vaati

1 hour ago, geared said:

I'm sure the Polish are very aware which side their bread is buttered, there's no upside to them leaving the EU, it'd ruin them and they very well know if.

Doubt even the more fervent populists could find a way to frame it as anything other than a complete disaster.

It's funny really, as excess meddling in a countries affairs by the EU was one of the reasons people supported Brexit.  But in cases like this you really hope the EU put the boot in and drag these countries back into line.

Well, funnily enough, there’s a certain hearing in a certain Court of law today, involving Poland and Hungary, not a million miles away from where I’m sitting right now…in fact about a kilometre or two as the crow flies 😉

As for putting the boot in, regrettably Johnson and Frost are about an inch away from stepping on their appendage one time too many. All the signals currently mounting in Brussels, about Frost turning down the EU’s offer about the NIP, is that this is now “it” and, if sanctions come, it won’t be micro-tariffs on this product or that customs schedule line, but the whole TCA in the bin.

Yes, that would basically mean ‘no deal Brexit’ (the TCA is the current ‘Canada plus’ deal). Mad max job 😔

Whilst I have my doubts about that scale of outcome, and in any case dearly wish it wouldn’t come to that (for the sake of family, friends and right-thinking people like you in the UK), it really is high time British people took better care of their governance.

Because the EU cannot save you from Johnson, Frost, Rees-Mogg & Co. (precisely because the EU never ‘meddled’ in countries affairs, only ever in areas of pooled sovereignty and by common design).

Edited by L00b

2 hours ago, L00b said:

wdrq2vju1k961.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

9fo0rxhfw7q71.jpg

Edited by Magilla

<not needed after Magilla’s edit>
Edited by L00b

You have got to laugh haven’t you.

So called Project Fear was always based on logic and reality

9 hours ago, geared said:

Seems like half the country is out demonstrating in support of the EU, so can't very much see that happening.

Did we not have rather a lot of hysterical folk campaigning to remain here in Britain?

1 hour ago, Caswall said:

Did we not have rather a lot of hysterical folk campaigning to remain here in Britain?

Mostly after they lost the vote tho I seem to remember.

This is a great bit of television, Brexiteer gets angry and calls the EU spiteful against the UK, (even though the rest of the world is also going to have to pay this charge to enter the EU, not just the UK). 

On 11/10/2021 at 19:40, Caswall said:

I think most SF members have remained in Britain 😎

AFAIK only L00b and myself have moved to the EU.

On 11/10/2021 at 14:39, Magilla said:

wdrq2vju1k961.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

9fo0rxhfw7q71.jpg

Apparently the Express ran 29 stories between May and November last year with the headline starting "EU on the brink"..................

12 hours ago, Longcol said:

Apparently the Express ran 29 stories between May and November last year with the headline starting "EU on the brink"..................

And I bet you can correlate each one to the date, in these ‘consequences’  thread.

Just had to cancel a couple of forthcoming visits by friends from the UK this morning. No Brits allowed into Luxembourg until 31.12.21, other than for essential travel. Covid reasons of course, but the third party status of the UK due to Brexit plays its own role (since UK not integrated into EU vaccine recognition scheme, unlike others).

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/ports-congestion-hgv-drivers-maersk-ships-b1936927.html

This is another one of these multi-factor crises made vastly worse by Brexit. Long announced, and now panning out exactly as forecast. It will go worse yet, once enough of the logjam ripples all the way up to manufacturers, wherein these stop accepting export orders to the UK en masse because they can’t get orders delivered.

It looks like finally the EU are starting to behave more rational and sensible regarding the Northern Ireland protocol.  This is only happening as a consequence of the sovereign UK government showing they are not prepared to take nonsense from the EU post Brexit.

1 minute ago, West 77 said:

It looks like finally the EU are starting to behave more rational and sensible regarding the Northern Ireland protocol.  This is only happening as a consequence of the sovereign UK government showing they are not prepared to take nonsense from the EU post Brexit.

I think you’ll find that they are gently outmanoeuvring the Kippers in charge of our “government “.

But, let’s see how this one plays out, eh.