Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

13 hours ago, SheffieldBricky said:

Let it go.

Anna voted leave.

I haven't noticed any terrible consequences. There's been an argument about fishing licences and the UK border in Northern Ireland that the EU still think they should have a say in. Apart from that everything is going okay considering the scamdemic.

The EU is only insisting it has ultimate say over its single market - as it does with all third countries that want to be a member of it. The UK government wanted NI to remain in the single market and signed up to the terms and conditions when it did so.

I haven't noticed any terrible consequences. 

"I'm all right Jack!"

The fishing industry has taken a good kicking and the Agriculture industry is struggling with higher costs, and reduced workforce.  They're also still wondering if the Government is going to provide the €4,000,000,000 in agriculture payments that the EU used to give to UK farmers.

Don't forget both these industries were sold promises of things being much better outside the EU, currently it's exactly the opposite.

Edited by geared

4 hours ago, Flanker7 said:

How many of these do you recognise?

• A lack of empathy for others
  • Little to no genuine remorse
  • The manipulation of other people
  • Lying and deceit
  • A sense of superiority over others
  • Little to no regard for right or wrong
  • The belief that rules do not apply to them
  • Getting into legal trouble or a little regard for the law
  • A lack of responsibility or engaging in irresponsible behaviors
  • Aggression or hostility
  • The exploitation of other people
  • Substance use

https://www.mind-diagnostics.org/blog/sociopath/sociopath-definition-what-is-a-sociopathhttps://www.mind-diagnostics.org/blog/sociopath/sociopath-definition-what-is-a-sociopath

How many of these do you recognise?

I'm not saying anyone is a sociopath. I recognised some of these some of the time in myself.

I would bet good money that the average person who voted for Brexit would tick more than those who did not.

As for the members of the government decide for yourself. 

That describes a few people on the Coronavirus thread

15 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

That describes a few people on the Coronavirus thread

Perceptive of you Hacks.

Personality traits cross over all issues. I often find that personal experience overrides some gut reactions.

Much better than being called a 'Drama Queen'. There's hope for you yet......................

37 minutes ago, Flanker7 said:

Perceptive of you Hacks.

Personality traits cross over all issues. I often find that personal experience overrides some gut reactions.

Much better than being called a 'Drama Queen'. There's hope for you yet......................

Thank you 😊 

6 hours ago, Mister M said:

In the previous budget, a couple of months ago, the Chairman of the OBR stated that the impact of Brexit  will reduce UK GDP per capita by 4%. 

The impact of the lockdown due to the pandemic will cost the UK economy by 2% per capita

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59070020

Interesting that those on the backbenchers of the Tory party who complain the loudest about how the restrictions brought in to ameliorate the health effects of the pandemic are affecting the economy, are the same voices who encouraged people to vote for Brexit. 

I notice they are just estimates and prefixed by "will" and not "have". A bit like Osborne stating before in the Government's own anti brexit campaign there will be an emergency budget, thousands upon thousands will lose their jobs, the market will collapse and it will cost the UK economy billions.

Estimates are always over hyped fear and that shows up well with Prof Ferguson and his covid ones.

Edited by Dromedary

30 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

I notice they are just projections and prefixed by "will" and not "have". A bit like Osborne stating before in the Government's own anti brexit campaign there will be an emergency budget, thousands upon thousands will lose their jobs, the market will collapse and it will cost the UK economy billions.

https://www.businessinsider.com/brexit-is-a-disaster-britain-trade-european-union-boris-johnson-2021-3

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-12-13/u-k-takes-16-7-billion-brexit-hit-on-trade-in-october

Osbornes predictions re: cost are turning out to be a tad optimistic... :?

He was right about higher taxes and lower spending though:

https://www.ft.com/content/6885073e-6625-4259-a139-5a7bc6122d72

1 minute ago, Magilla said:

No one cares. It's history. 

11 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

No one cares. It's history. 

Leavers pretend they don't care, because they look like complete jackasses...

...but those costs are real, they're not history they've yet to be paid. :?

Edited by Magilla

1 minute ago, Magilla said:

Leavers pretend they don't care, because they look like complete jackasses...

...but those costs are real, they're not history. :?

I'm happy enough, there's been no real upset and as more and more trade deals are signed any losses in trade will be made up. Just chill and stop fretting if you don't have an heart attack with the vax you'll have one with Brexit. Everything will be ok.

4 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Quote from above'

"According to the UK's Office for National Statistics, trade between the EU and the UK was hit hard in January, with exports down by 40.7% compared with December and imports from the EU down by 28% in the same period."

Quote from ONS where the data came from'

"In this month's bulletin we focus heavily on monthly trends, however, it should be noted that monthly data are erratic and small movements in these series should be treated with caution. The data in this bulletin for January 2021 are the first to include trade after the EU exit transition period ended on 31 December. In addition to the changes facing the UK after the transition period ended, the UK went into another national lockdown at the beginning of January 2021."

So we dont know at the moment whether the difference in trade is down to Brexit, Covid or a mix of both.

Again we dont know if it was because of brexit, covid or a mix.

Osbornes predictions re: cost are turning out to be a tad optimistic... :?

He was right about higher taxes and lower spending though:

https://www.ft.com/content/6885073e-6625-4259-a139-5a7bc6122d72

Sorry its paywalled so cant read it.