Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

On 27/12/2021 at 10:52, geared said:

Can you imaging the mindset of someone who can see something is a bad idea, will cause others harm and misery but votes for it anyway???

I know.

Schadenfreude is an ugly trait - but what goes around comes around, and sadly there are well documented cases of farmers and fishermen who were persuaded by the likes of Rees Mogg and have paid the ultimate price.

On 27/12/2021 at 13:37, Dromedary said:

Nice to see that despite Brexit there is still plenty of Yorkshire Bitter going round!

Try the backbenches of the Tory Party for bitterness. Have got their precious Brexit, but remain complete malcontents.

Edited by Mister M

5 hours ago, SheffieldBricky said:

I don't know but I guess all the Remainers are also in favour of locking the country down, mandates, masks, hate Trump, think transgender women should compete in women's sport, love Trudeau, are climate change fanatics etc etc

It's not so much about ideas it's about DNA. It's what sort of person you are so there's never going to be any common ground.

I'm sure that there are millions upon millions that don't fit into that broad characterisation.

Though the loudest voices in the Brexit debate in Parliament were the bellicose ones imploring that should there be any difficulties, people would rally together, and show their 'Dunkirk spirit'.

Lol, they're the ones who now fulminate against wearing masks, or restrictions, and bleat on, very unconvincingly about people's 'mental health', like they give a stuff.

6 hours ago, SheffieldBricky said:

I don't know but I guess all the Remainers are also in favour of locking the country down, mandates, masks, hate Trump, think transgender women should compete in women's sport, love Trudeau, are climate change fanatics etc etc

It's not so much about ideas it's about DNA. It's what sort of person you are so there's never going to be any common ground.

I have to disagree that it's in DNA, or that people cannot change. 

I think a lot of people tried hard to listen to both sides of the argument and make a rational decision.

What they didn't realise is that half the arguments were lies and politicians can't be trusted.

If you can't believe the information coming from people who should know the facts better than most, how can you be expected to make a sensible judgement?

We were all played for fools by people who should have known better,  and only had their own interests at heart.

16 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I think a lot of people tried hard to listen to both sides of the argument and make a rational decision.

What they didn't realise is that half the arguments were lies and politicians can't be trusted.

If you can't believe the information coming from people who should know the facts better than most, how can you be expected to make a sensible judgement?

We were all played for fools by people who should have known better,  and only had their own interests at heart.

Some people dont even know how to Google, some people are foolish when it comes to facts.

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

Some people dont even know how to Google, some people are foolish when it comes to facts.

I quite agree.

There are even some on this forum who moan on and on about 'the anti Brexit brigade' or 'the anti Boris mob', even when presented, daily, with the terrible consequences of Brexit. They just won't face up to what they've done....

4 hours ago, Anna B said:

I have to disagree that it's in DNA, or that people cannot change. 

Let it go.

3 hours ago, Mister M said:

I quite agree.

There are even some on this forum who moan on and on about 'the anti Brexit brigade' or 'the anti Boris mob', even when presented, daily, with the terrible consequences of Brexit. They just won't face up to what they've done....

I haven't noticed any terrible consequences. There's been an argument about fishing licences and the UK border in Northern Ireland that the EU still think they should have a say in. Apart from that everything is going okay considering the scamdemic.

6 hours ago, Mister M said:

I quite agree.

What terrible consequences are those? It seems that very few people are actually affected by these so called terrible consequences and those that were worried have already fled the country out of selfishness to protect their own interests. 

The consequences are ongoing whilst the benefits are more elusive.

I was reasonably content with the U.K.’s membership, of the EU, that is until it opened it’s doors to former members of the Soviet Union, overnight conversion from communism to capitalism seemed a little too quick to me.

I note that the favoured holiday destinations of the Brits, that were built on the back of the U.K. Pound are now getting very picky about who can stay and for how long. Conversely practically  every soul that cries out for the hand of friendship and doesn’t quite fit the EU’s ideal of it’s perfect citizen is directed to our shores.

However I shall remain optimistic that the original EU dream might one day be realised.

Edited by crookesey

How many of these do you recognise?

• A lack of empathy for others
  • Little to no genuine remorse
  • The manipulation of other people
  • Lying and deceit
  • A sense of superiority over others
  • Little to no regard for right or wrong
  • The belief that rules do not apply to them
  • Getting into legal trouble or a little regard for the law
  • A lack of responsibility or engaging in irresponsible behaviors
  • Aggression or hostility
  • The exploitation of other people
  • Substance use

https://www.mind-diagnostics.org/blog/sociopath/sociopath-definition-what-is-a-sociopathhttps://www.mind-diagnostics.org/blog/sociopath/sociopath-definition-what-is-a-sociopath

How many of these do you recognise?

I'm not saying anyone is a sociopath. I recognised some of these some of the time in myself.

I would bet good money that the average person who voted for Brexit would tick more than those who did not.

As for the members of the government decide for yourself. 

Edited by Flanker7

Visited Dr's this morning  8am , following instructions that say get there early to make aa appointment , Greeted by woman in porch entrance .told to stand over there , then listen to a old woman tell this door person all her personal details , 

Ten minutes later the door person who is not a nurse starts to ask me my details inc my reason for visiting a Dr , I tell her that I am not going to discuss that with her stood in a entrance Porch , She says she is only trying to help , I know its not her fault .

She tells me that there are no doctors on site so the threshold can not be crossed to make a appointment ,  Its Covid you know .

The out come she takes my phone no and says a Dr will be in touch .

The system at this north Sheffield surgery has broken down , no one can enter the building yet the Co- Op across the road is full of shoppers , 

The system has broken down .

Thanks to the woman on the door its not her fault .

Just realised that this is a blog about Brexit can some one transfer it to cover section please , 

12 hours ago, SheffieldBricky said:

Let it go.

I haven't noticed any terrible consequences. There's been an argument about fishing licences and the UK border in Northern Ireland that the EU still think they should have a say in. Apart from that everything is going okay considering the scamdemic.

9 hours ago, Dromedary said:

What terrible consequences are those? It seems that very few people are actually affected by these so called terrible consequences and those that were worried have already fled the country out of selfishness to protect their own interests. 

In the previous budget, a couple of months ago, the Chairman of the OBR stated that the impact of Brexit  will reduce UK GDP per capita by 4%. 

The impact of the lockdown due to the pandemic will cost the UK economy by 2% per capita

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59070020

Interesting that those on the backbenchers of the Tory party who complain the loudest about how the restrictions brought in to ameliorate the health effects of the pandemic are affecting the economy, are the same voices who encouraged people to vote for Brexit. 

Edited by Mister M