Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

5 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

Anyone else getting the feeling that Brexit is a fight to the death within the Tory party? 

Yep.

The referendum was promised by David Cameron to settle the in fighting between warring factions within the Conservative Party (sod the impact on the country). Ironically it's not stopped any in fighting. The Brexiteer malcontents, or 'barstewards' as John Major used to call them, are still as malcontented and sour as ever.

Which just goes to show, that whatever happens, they're just miserable barstewards by nature.

Edited by Mister M

On 18/12/2021 at 20:25, Mister M said:

Lord Frost, Brexit negotiator and ally of Johnson has resigned from cabinet

He reminds me  of the character/actor in the episode of Only Fools And Horses who was trying to con Delboy with gold chains. 

3 hours ago, West 77 said:

No shortages of anything to report in the supermarkets. Excellent offers available on fresh meat and fresh vegetables. No doubt the anti Brexit / anti democratic mob will find something to complain about. How about blaming Brexit for a shortage of snow this Christmas?

I know.  I don't see any re-runs from the front pages of national papers or from the SF echo chamber Remainer Support group on here now that they've got the turkey & all the trimmings, saying we got it wrong. 

I think we deserve an explanation for all the previous hysteria?   I'm guessing the explanation will be "We didn't mean the run up to this Christmas, we meant the run up to next Christmas.". Or the Christmas after that or Christmas 2028, etc, etc. 

Edited by Baron99

No shortages of anything to report in the supermarkets. Excellent offers available on fresh meat and fresh vegetables. No doubt the anti Brexit / anti democratic mob will find something to complain about. How about blaming Brexit for a shortage of snow this Christmas?

Nope, no complaints at all, it’s a great setup for EU27 foodstuffs exporters, working well.

The reason why there’s no more shortage than before, is the ongoing smuggler’s charter. That gets upgraded in just under 2 weeks’s time 👍🏻

And Truss just got Frost’s job, and is already asking for the same unicorns as before, so the entertainment is sure to continue as well - and not disappoint.

It’s all good, Westy 😁

Edited by L00b

6 minutes ago, L00b said:

Nope, no complaints at all, it’s a great setup for EU27 foodstuffs exporters, working well.

The reason why there’s no more shortage than before, is the ongoing smuggler’s charter. That gets upgraded in just under 2 weeks’s time 👍🏻

And Truss just got Frost’s job, and is already asking for the same unicorns as before, so the entertainment is sure to continue as well - and not disappoint.

It’s all good, Westy 😁

Moan moan moan moan

Well, since you seem to want updates, Waitrose have been short of frozen stuff, mainly veg but not exclusively, for the past few months. By short, I mean no items of particular lines and empty shelves in the freezer cabinets.

8 minutes ago, altus said:

Well, since you seem to want updates, Waitrose have been short of frozen stuff, mainly veg but not exclusively, for the past few months. By short, I mean no items of particular lines and empty shelves in the freezer cabinets.

Try Sainsburys, Morrisons, Tesco's then.  Other large, less expensive supermarkets are available. 

Plenty of meat & veg available in the Moor Market. 

Edited by Baron99

2 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Try Sainsburys, Morrisons, Tesco's then.  Other large, less expensive supermarkets are available. 

Plenty of meat & veg available in the Moor Market. 

I didn't claim there were universal shortages and Waitrose does seem to have plenty of fresh stuff. I was just filling a gap in Westie's non-comprehensive sample of supermarkets. I'm sure he wouldn't want to be accused of unrepresentative cherry picking.

1 hour ago, SheffieldBricky said:

Moan moan moan moan

Is your neurone misfiring in this thread as well? 😳

I’ve just said across a whole post that Brexit is working great 🙄

Edited by L00b

Guest sibon
7 minutes ago, L00b said:

Is your neurone misfiring in this thread as well? 😳

I’ve just said across a whole post that Brexit is working great 🙄

In fairness, a single neuron has nowhere to fire to, nor a place to receive fire from.

Shame really.

1 hour ago, altus said:

Ooh , Waitrose , very la di da😄  

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Ooh , Waitrose , very la di da😄  

It's the closest large supermarket to my house. The queues at the checkouts always seem to be short too.