Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute.

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by Vaati

On 27/08/2021 at 08:41, crookesey said:

So if someone hurls insults and abuse at a poster who has opposing views to them I am wrong if your views concur with the former, nice one. 🤒

No, just getting fed up of the stale argument that 'so and so fought for our freedom of speech, so I can say what I want'. You can say what you want, nobody needs to fight over that. Also, painting the UK as a haven of freedom of speech as a result of a war where freedom of speech was heavily restricted by the UK government is a bit ironic. 

I was listening to radio fours fact program. It stated that there were 19,000 fewer EU lorry drivers living in the UK, but 60% of the problem is down to fewer HGV tests/training being undertaken.

2 hours ago, tzijlstra said:

No, just getting fed up of the stale argument that 'so and so fought for our freedom of speech, so I can say what I want'. You can say what you want, nobody needs to fight over that. Also, painting the UK as a haven of freedom of speech as a result of a war where freedom of speech was heavily restricted by the UK government is a bit ironic. 

If the latter is aimed at me please be kind enough to direct me to my ironic post, if not have a nice day.

1 hour ago, sadbrewer said:

No Carling,Coors or Bud lite.....hmmm, might be a price worth paying.

😂😂😂😂😂

52 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Wetherspoon runs low on beer amid driver shortage:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58395401

Wetherspoons like most free houses certainly won't run out of real ales, most small independents can deliver direct and very few run HGV's.

27 minutes ago, sadbrewer said:

Wetherspoons like most free houses certainly won't run out of real ales, most small independents can deliver direct and very few run HGV's.

I know an independent who has no choice but to use 3.5 tonne vans because he can't get hgv drivers. About a tonne capacity isn't much when translated into full beer barrels.

Just got my vat taxes from EU country on things I bought there and taken to UK with me.

Weird system. They stamped and registered these local VAT receipt at the tax refund office at airport. Then I had to sent this receipt back to the shop I bought the stuff from. With my details for them to deposit it on my account.

Don't think Brexit was worth that little VAT I got back for it.

Edited by dutch