Jump to content

Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute.

 

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by Vaati

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Thanks Hon. 

Newark International Antiques Fair.... Sounds like a cross between a car boot sale, and something off a Victoria Wood sketch. Will Mrs Overall make an appearance to serve a nice cup of tea and a scone?

Refreshments are available but I've no idea whether Mrs Overall has been booked to do any serving.  I can guarantee Mark Stacey will be there if that helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Refreshments are available but I've no idea whether Mrs Overall has been booked to do any serving.  I can guarantee Mark Stacey will be there if that helps.

Mark Stacey of Bargain Hunt fame?

Wow, rubbing shoulders with celebs! Who next? Oprah Winfrey, Angelina Jolie, George Clooney.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Will Mrs Overall make an appearance to serve a nice cup of tea and a scone?

Maybe Wetherspoons will do the catering . . . if they can find enough Eastern European immigrants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I won't have much time to be on here either tomorrow or Friday because I will be stalled out at the Newark International Antiques Fair making loads of money.

Remember, antiques imported into Great Britain from EU states after 1 January 2021 are now subject to import VAT at 5% :thumbsup:

 

...but lets face it, you're not selling antiques, you're doing a car boot for a day :?

 

 

 

Edited by Magilla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think many of the Brexiteers thought that could get an better deal with the Commonwealth nations than they had with the EU. I hear about an strange idea of CANZUK  but hear no details on how this would work or endorsement from any Commonwealth government. But the thing is many of the Commonwealth nations have not forgotten how the UK dumped them after joining the EEC now the boot is on the other foot the UK begging bowl for trade means the other side will get what they want in fact more the Australia deal is good for them complete with courts but not so good for us goodbye UK farming it was nice while it lasted ironic given that some farmers are Tory supporters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UK expected to suffer the most long-term economic damage of any of the seven major industrialised nations following the pandemic:

https://news.sky.com/story/uk-growth-forecast-upgraded-but-pandemic-economic-scar-will-be-worst-of-all-g7-nations-says-oecd-12321253

"The OECD's Economic Outlook signalled that this was more a consequence of Britain's departure from the EU than COVID itself"

 

 

8 minutes ago, GabrielC said:

I think many of the Brexiteers thought that could get an better deal with the Commonwealth nations than they had with the EU. I hear about an strange idea of CANZUK  but hear no details on how this would work or endorsement from any Commonwealth government.

It's a pipe dream at the moment, and one of its main objectives is free movement of people, so that won't be much help to leave voters.

 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/06/2021 at 22:03, Magilla said:

It's a pipe dream at the moment, and one of its main objectives is free movement of people, so that won't be much help to leave voters.

 

Free movement Canada<->UK?   That sounds pretty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, geared said:

 

Free movement Canada<->UK?   That sounds pretty good.

So was FoM between the UK and EU... but it was an anathema to leave voters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does it include all the fish we missed out on this year when an agreement couldn't be reached?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, whiteowl said:

Good brexit news!!!! :o

 

We've secured a trading deal with the international powerhouses Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein!

 

The only downside is that it's not as good a deal as we had as part of the EU* - doh!

 

*according to Norway's PM

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/norways-pm-announces-trade-deal-155044883.html

It's rather amusing you're posting a link to comments by the Norwegian PM rather than  a link to comments from the UK Government. If the majority of the electorate had wanted all trade agreements to remain the same then they would have voted to remain in the EU.  Kenneth Clark introduced a motion for the UK to remain in the customs  union during Theresa May's time as PM which was narrowly defeated in the rogue corrupt parliament.  The rogue parliament were only interested in blocking Brexit all together which is why Kenneth Clark's motion was defeated.  As a strong supporter of leaving the EU I could have lived with the UK remaining in the customs union providing their was an option for future elected Governments to pull out if they desired.  The UK have a massive trade deficit which means  the UK are not really losing anything by going it alone with making our own trade deals.  Brexit is an opportunity for the UK to reduce the trade deficit and future Governments should introduce policies to help achieve this. 

Edited by West 77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, West 77 said:

It's rather amusing you're posting a link to comments by the Norwegian PM rather than  a link to comments from the UK Government. If the majority of the electorate had wanted all trade agreements to remain the same then they would have voted to remain in the EU.  Kenneth Clark introduced a motion for the UK to remain in the customs  union during Theresa May's time as PM which was narrowly defeated in the rogue corrupt parliament.  The rogue parliament were only interested in blocking Brexit all together which is why Kenneth Clark's motion was defeated.  As a strong supporter of leaving the EU I could have lived with the UK remaining in the customs union providing their was an option for future elected Governments to pull out if they desired.  The UK have a massive trade deficit which means  the UK are not really losing anything by going it alone with making our own trade deals.  Brexit is an opportunity for the UK to reduce the trade deficit and future Governments should introduce policies to help achieve this. 

Only amusing in the sense that whatever is said by UK Government Ministers is valued so little by its citizens because they are known as pathological liars, incompetent buffoons or venal sleazebags.

Edited by Mister M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.