Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute.

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by Vaati

1 hour ago, Mr Allen said:

Meh, I'm a remainer, I voted remain because A) I knew the conservatives would make a total Sow's Purse of the whole deal and B) Unlike 75% of leave voters (IMO) I don't have an axe to grind against immigrants.

Yes we know.  🙄

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Just for completeness, I'm taking an empty Luton van to France later this year when restrictions are eased in order to pick up some furniture and I'm willing to give any local Remainer free passage to France along with their furniture and belongings  if they wish to relocate to the EU.

Remember, you now need to declare all that furniture, & pay import duty and VAT on it :hihi:

I find it weird that there are still Remainers desperate to cling on to the past.  There is nothing any of them can to now to keep the UK in the EU.  It will be best for them and the nation as a whole if everyone embraced Brexit.  

Just for completeness, I'm taking an empty Luton van to France later this year when restrictions are eased in order to pick up some furniture and I'm willing to give any local Remainer free passage to France along with their furniture and belongings  if they wish to relocate to the EU.  A  Remainer is welcome to private message me for more details.

What does that even mean? What is there to embrace?

7 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

What does that even mean?

...something along the lines of "don't blame me" :hihi:

7 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

What is there to embrace?

All the stuff Brexit hasn't taken yet... tightly!

Too late for many rights and freedoms, sadly :(

On 01/06/2021 at 06:38, Baron99 said:

Heinz, back with a £140 million manufacturing investment, post-brexit. 

"It would be the firm's biggest expansion of a manufacturing site outside the US in more than 20 years." 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57312162.amp

Oh no! Say Remainers.  This isn't how it's supposed to be.   No doubt we'll have posts with conspiracy theories about genetically modified ketchup very soon, being produced in the UK for nasty conglomerates? 

Glad to see it. But 50 jobs, tops. 

You speak of a support group for remainers- we might need to welcome another one!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/wetherspoons-brexit-bars-eu-migration-b1858035.html

27 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Glad to see it. But 50 jobs, tops. 

You speak of a support group for remainers- we might need to welcome another one!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/wetherspoons-brexit-bars-eu-migration-b1858035.html

Tim doesn't like the deal... much like Boris and his N.I Protocol :?

Of course, he could always double the wages he pays his staff... not sure his clientele will be too happy with the price rises though.

1 hour ago, Magilla said:

Remember, you now need to declare all that furniture, & pay import duty and VAT on it :hihi:

No import duty is to be paid because I'm buying old  furniture made in the EU.  Regarding VAT that was paid also before the UK left the EU. The only difference now is it might not be collected by the seller.   Brexit maybe along with Covid 19  be the reason why French Antique Dealers are not travelling to the Newark Antiques Fair to sell their French furniture. Brexit and Covid -19 have given me the opportunity to cut out the middleman.  The only down side is I've had to renew my passport but passports were also required before the UK voted to leave the EU.  Good times and good profit lie ahead.

Thee Cheers for Brexit !!!

Posted (edited)

No import duty is to be paid because I'm buying old  furniture made in the EU.

Depends entirely on the furniture, how it was made, and where it's to be used.

Still requires extra paperwork and a customs declaration.

Edited by Magilla

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

The Irony of such a large and vocal supporter of Brexit now calling for greater immigration from the EU 🤣🤣🤣 

He's well and truly made his bed on this one.

34 minutes ago, geared said:

The Irony of such a large and vocal supporter of Brexit now calling for greater immigration from the EU 🤣🤣🤣 

He won, he should get over it.

54 minutes ago, geared said:

I'm sure he didn't compounded his recruitment problems when he threw his staff under a bus when the first lockdown happened. Who wouldn't want to work for such a caring employer.

2 minutes ago, altus said:

I'm sure he didn't compounded his recruitment problems when he threw his staff under a bus when the first lockdown happened. Who wouldn't want to work for such a caring employer.

It's quite impressive really.  To have built such a successful empire in the notoriously difficult pub game takes a brilliant business mind.

So why is he such an idiot?