Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute.

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by Vaati

City of London Brexit hit worse than expected:

https://www.reuters.com/business/finance/city-london-brexit-hit-worse-than-expected-says-study-2021-04-15/

Over 400 financial firms in Britain have shifted activities, staff and a combined trillion pounds ($1.4 trillion) in assets to hubs in the European Union due to Brexit, with more pain to come, a study from New Financial think tank said on Friday.

"We think it is an underestimate and we expect the numbers to increase over time: we are only at the end of the beginning of Brexit," the study said.

A friend of mine works for CityCorp. He mooved with his department from the City to Dublin 18 months ago and other departments are following  as and when. Being an American  bank they want an English speaking location in  the EU.

Where are the Brexiteers now?

They are silent as they start to realise that the money grabbing Farage has sold them down the river, and made a load of money from their predicament.

3 hours ago, Litotes said:

They are silent as they start to realise that the money grabbing Farage has sold them down the river, and made a load of money from their predicament.

Farage appears far more interested in brown nosing Trump supporters.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/nigel-farage-brexit-american-tour-b1852748.html

12 hours ago, Litotes said:

Most Brexiteers are just quietly getting on with their lives and enjoying living in a sovereign country again.  Now lockdown restrictions are being lifted I've had a chance to engage with normal  real people and the consensus it was a no brainer to leave the EU.  The only regret is that the UK didn't leave the EU sooner.

Brexiteers leave the noise to the lord haw haw's.

34 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Most Brexiteers are just quietly getting on with their lives and enjoying living in a sovereign country again.  Now lockdown restrictions are being lifted I've had a chance to engage with normal  real people and the consensus it was a no brainer to leave the EU.  The only regret is that the UK didn't leave the EU sooner.

Yes, I agree with you. It’s not very often I look at this thread now.

53 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Meh, I voted remain because A) Unlike a LOT of leave voters (IMO), I don't hate immigrants in Europe and B) I knew the Tories would make a total hash of the whole Deal

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

Meh, I voted remain because A) Unlike a LOT of leave voters (IMO), I don't hate immigrants in Europe and B) I knew the Tories would make a total hash of the whole Deal

It's interesting that you didn't vote to remain for positive reasons.  It was the remainer MP's from all parties who made a hash  of things and delayed leaving the EU before hero Boris  saved the nation and won the Tories an eighty seat majority that enabled Brexit to get done.   

Edited by West 77

Brexit will never be ' done' it's on going and the situation in Northern Ireland is bubbling away. The trade deals done by Liz Truss are simply copy and paste ones we already had with the EU many trades done notably the Japan and Australia deals leave us worst off giving the other side the greatest advantage. Business are suffering due to lack of access to the Single Market confusing paperwork over customs also many banks have taken money out of the City of London also down to the lack access to EU banking system . I'm struggling to see any benefits to Brexit only downsides only hearing about sovereignty great but it does not pay the bills and we seem to have developed this strange idea we are still an empire we are not that era is long gone. We have gone backwards in so many ways and leaving future generations with a real problem. When Johnson was a reporter for the Telegraph he wrote two articles for the remain case but when he thought he could have an chance at been Prime Minister he wrote one for leaving. In Johnson own mind leaving was an bad idea but just plays along to keep him in power nothing more .

I'm not sure why people want to be part of an organization which wants, as its main objective, to be unified politically and economicaly, ie integrated into one country/federation. The succession of past treaties indicate the way things are going.  Anyone care to guess what will be in the next EU treaty?

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, carosio said:

I'm not sure why people want to be part of an organization which wants, as its main objective, to be unified politically and economicaly, ie integrated into one country/federation.

The UK? :hihi:

1 hour ago, hauxwell said:

It’s not very often I look at this thread now.

Leave voters dislike reading stuff that highlights their own stupidity!

Not exactly a shocker revelation :?

I wouldn't if I voted leave either, what an embarrassing shambles...

Edited by Magilla