Jump to content


Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute.

 

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by Vaati

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, butlers said:

It's Jerseys problem not the UKs.

It's a notorious tax haven and allowed billions of tax due to the UK government to be avoided.

 

Jersey have their own tax laws and British businesses and individuals can legally benefit from any tax havens located worldwide.  The UK has a responsibility to Jersey because it's a Crown dependency. 

 

21 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

And Thatcher sold off our electric (exept nuclear if memory serves). Maybe they could have run a cable to jersey with some of the profits.

You're correct and it was a mistake.   Both Tory  and Labour Government are guilty of not promoting and supporting nuclear power for decades.  The French have  outperformed the UK considerably in the Nuclear energy sector for decades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, West 77 said:


 

Your comments are hardly a surprise given the flag you're displaying as your avatar picture. It's quite clear where your allegiances lie.

Avatars can be very revealing.

 

Just look at your own, for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, West 77 said:

Do you think it's reasonable for the French to threaten to cut off the elect supply of innocent Jersey citizens?  Do you think the EU were reasonable when they  intended to block the movement of covid -19 vaccines across the Ireland border into Northern Ireland?

 

I wouldn't have a problem if the Royal Navy moved warships to the Channel Islands area to carry out practice exercises.

I don't think it's reasonable, but it's the sort of nationalistic nonsense that many British people would be celebrating if the boot was on the other foot. 

 

Oh look, now the government have sent a navy boat to Jersey, the sheet-sniffers will be working themselves into a frenzy of delight over that.

Edited by Delbow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Nice to see Brexit going to plan. Nowhere for our fishermen to sell their catch and now warships in Jersey preventing our neighbours from earning a living too.

 

Never mind project fear, this is truly project bonehead.

Edited by sibon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Delbow said:

I don't think it's reasonable, but it's the sort of nationalistic nonsense that many British people would be celebrating if the boot was on the other foot. 

 

Oh look, now the government have sent a navy boat to Jersey, the sheet-sniffers will be working themselves into a frenzy of delight over that.

This is planned, it will get them votes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

This is planned, it will get them votes.

Showing some people a warship is like showing a five year old a digger. "A digger! A digger!" [change underwear]

 

It's depressing how easy some people are.

Edited by Delbow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

This is planned, it will get them votes.

I suspect "pick an argument with the EU" will be the new smoke and mirrors to replace "blame the EU for something we voted for" when the government wants to distract the easily lead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

This is planned, it will get them votes.

The planning has been done by the French to mark the 200th anniversary of their defeated war leader Napolean.  It's quite appropriate for the UK Prime Minister to send the Royal Navy to an area where the French are making threats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, West 77 said:

It's quite appropriate for the UK Prime Minister to send the Royal Navy to an area where the French are making threats.

According to the BBC this morning, many Jersey based boats have come out and joined the blockade in solidarity with the French on this matter :?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Magilla said:

According to the BBC this morning, many Jersey based boats have come out and joined the blockade in solidarity with the French on this matter :?

The Jersey and French fishermen normally do work together and cooperate with each other.  There will be French fishermen based in Jersey. Some Jersey fishermen are unhappy that Jersey officials are meeting French fishermen on French fishing boats.  It's the French politician who has caused the trouble by threatening to cut off the French electric supply.   Everything will soon be sorted out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UK freeports blow as exporters face tariffs to 23 countries:

https://www.ft.com/content/625d1913-9242-4d97-9d0b-9cd6925c4e0e

"Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Chancellor Rishi Sunak have declared that eight new English freeports — announced in the Budget — will be a “transformational” benefit from Brexit. But officials disclosed on Sunday that recent post-Brexit trade agreements with 23 different countries included clauses that specifically prohibit manufacturers in freeport-type zones from benefiting from the deals."

 

Liz Truss strikes again! :roll:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Magilla said:

UK freeports blow as exporters face tariffs to 23 countries:

https://www.ft.com/content/625d1913-9242-4d97-9d0b-9cd6925c4e0e

"Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Chancellor Rishi Sunak have declared that eight new English freeports — announced in the Budget — will be a “transformational” benefit from Brexit. But officials disclosed on Sunday that recent post-Brexit trade agreements with 23 different countries included clauses that specifically prohibit manufacturers in freeport-type zones from benefiting from the deals."

 

Liz Truss strikes again! :roll:

 

I think this is an example of the main problem for me.

Despite being pro-EU I could accept Brexit if it was being done by people who were vaguely capable and could produce tangible benefits. It just looks to me like the country is going to suffer for many years through gross incompetence 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

X