Jump to content

Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute.

 

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by Vaati

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I'm stating a fact rather than blaming the EU. There is no doubt the EU used the Good Friday Agreement to their advantage in the withdrawal negotiations especially while Theresa May was Prime Minister.  At least you agree the Good Friday Agreement wasn't intended to trap the UK in the EU but there can be no doubt the EU had no  peaceful intentions during the negotiations. I blame the remainers in the UK more than the EU for exploiting the Good Friday Agreement in their failed attempt to prevent Brexit.

 

You haven't explained anything to me . All you have done is recycle old  arguments against a technical solution to the Irish border with a closed mind. 

 

By stating Brexit voters are going  to have to accept responsible for anything makes you part of the problem and not part of the solution. It's not Brexit voters who have been the problem or caused problems.  It's remain voters who have never respected or accepted a democratic choice the majority of voters made on a ballot paper who have always been and still are the problem.

Why are remain voters causing a problem? We haven't had an election for over a year, there's an 80 seat Tory majority, and a cabinet thick with brexiteers. 

 

Anything in the way of brexit is yours and their making only now, you've nobody left to blame if you can't get what you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi, i'm trying to post a parcel to italy, can one of the Leavers tell me how to negotiate the customs forms ?

 

all this extra paperwork was their/your idea.

 

thanks.

 

A.

Edited by ads36

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The Good Friday Agreement doesn't say all checks would be removed at the border. It barely mentions the border at all, apart from saying that as part of the agreement the security installations will be removed. Nothing about customs or other regulations.

 

I'll update this as well to be clear that the GFA existed before Schengen became part of the EU laws via the Amsterdam treaty. Before that, any frictionless open borders were agreed between individual countries.

 

The GFA is also an agreement between the UK and Ireland, not the UK and the EU.

Edited by the_bloke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ads36 said:

Hi, i'm trying to post a parcel to italy, can one of the Leavers tell me how to negotiate the customs forms ?

 

all this extra paperwork was their/your idea.

 

thanks.

 

A.

It's a piece of cake.  Use the Royal Mail website and when you download your Royal Mail address label a customs label is also downloaded and it takes less than 10 seconds to tick a box and sign your signature.  It goes without saying that you have to remember to stick the customs label on your parcel  before giving it to the post office.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

i'm not using the post office

 

what category is the item?

 

what are the limits?

 

what are the fees?

 

is VAT payable ? (at this end, their end, both?)

Edited by ads36

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, ads36 said:

i'm not using the post office

 

what category is the item?

 

what are the limits?

 

what are the fees?

 

is VAT payable ? (at this end, their end, both?)

Just type 'Sending a parcel to Italy' into the Internet.  Loads of options. 

 

A little less time spent complaining about solvable problems on SF & a bit more research may help. 

Edited by Baron99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Why are remain voters causing a problem? We haven't had an election for over a year, there's an 80 seat Tory majority, and a cabinet thick with brexiteers. 

 

Anything in the way of brexit is yours and their making only now, you've nobody left to blame if you can't get what you want.

I'm personally delighted how Brexit is working and have nothing to complain about.

 

Regarding remainers they were a problem during the withdrawal negotiations because the EU took advantage of the split and disunity  in the UK.  The remainers continue to be a problem  post Brexit because they don't look for positives and new opportunities and just nit pick over any teething problems. 

5 minutes ago, ads36 said:

i'm not using the post office

 

what category is the item?

 

what are the limits?

 

what are the fees?

 

is VAT payable ? (at this end, their end, both?)

I suggest you use the post office then.  As previously stated it's a piece of cake.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Just type 'Sending a parcel to Italy' into the Internet.  Loads of options. 

 

A little less time spent complaining about resolvable problems on SF & a bit more research may help. 

@Baron99  👍👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

i'm not using the post-office : i want / need a courier who'll collect*.

 

here's the point : i've never done this before, and it sounds like if i get it wrong i'll lose £200, *and* have some arcane fees to pay.

 

(*i've tried them in the past, and been refused upon their arrival as the parcel was 'too large' ... they charge a flat fee of 70p, and that doesn't cover parcels in excess of blah-blah-blah)

 

yes, lots of companies say they'll do this, and helpfully suggest that i just need to fill in form XYZ1a, but is it form 1a, 1b, 2a or 2b? - they don't say. Parcel force offered a link to follow, which promised to explain the forms and fees, but then simply asked me to pay the fees. what fees?

 

there's an ebay mega-thread, with no clear answers. some even suggesting i need to become VAT registered!

Edited by ads36

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ads36 said:

i'm not using the post-office : i want / need a courier who'll collect*.

 

here's the point : i've never done this before, and it sounds like if i get it wrong i'll lose £200, *and* have some arcane fees to pay.

 

(*i've tried them in the past, and been refused upon their arrival as the parcel was 'too large' ... they charge a flat fee of 70p, and that doesn't cover parcels in excess of blah-blah-blah)

 

yes, lots of companies say they'll do this, and helpfully suggest that i just need to fill in form XYZ1a, but is it form 1a, 1b, 2a or 2b? - they don't say. Parcel force offered a link to follow, which promised to explain the forms and fees, but then simply asked me to pay the fees. what fees?

 

there's an ebay mega-thread, with no clear answers. some even suggesting i need to become VAT registered!

I'm sure a good courier firm will talk you through all the necessary paperwork.  After all, they want your business. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

very helpful...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I'm personally delighted how Brexit is working and have nothing to complain about.

 

Regarding remainers they were a problem during the withdrawal negotiations because the EU took advantage of the split and disunity  in the UK.  The remainers continue to be a problem  post Brexit because they don't look for positives and new opportunities and just nit pick over any teething problems. 

I suggest you use the post office then.  As previously stated it's a piece of cake.  

But you're in charge! Stop passing the buck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.