Jump to content


Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute.

 

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by Vaati

Recommended Posts

Lord Frost accuses EU of 'ill will' over UK exit:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56311605

 

His deal's crap, as was predicted it would be, time to blame the EU for his own mistakes and failures! :thumbsup:

 

Has a familiar ring to it...

...I wonder how much mileage is left in it though. :roll:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Magilla said:

Lord Frost accuses EU of 'ill will' over UK exit:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56311605

 

His deal's crap, as was predicted it would be, time to blame the EU for his own mistakes and failures! :thumbsup:

Brexiters don't score high in self-awareness, do they?

 

All Lord Frost has to do is Beleave and his wishes will come to pass.

 

We voted to leave the EU in order to secure our borders.

 

And now we're securing our borders so tightly that nothing can get in or out, the Brexiters are still moaning!

 

Of course, in order to fully secure our borders, we still need to build a physical border between Ireland and Northern Oirland, because Ireland is still part of the EU but Northern Oirland voted to leave the EU, and we don't want anything sneaking into the UK from the EU through open borders now, do we?

 

No, of course not.

 

We must fully secure our borders.

 

That's why we voted for Brexit.

 

The question is, do we put the border in the Irish Sea, or do we put the border between Ireland and Northern Oirland?

 

Now given the cost of running a HMS naval battleship to patrol the Irish Sea, I'm more in favour of a physical border between Ireland and Northern Oirland.

 

It's the only way to fully secure our borders, and not let anything sneak in or out between the UK and the EU.

 

I Beleave in Brexit.

Edited by The Joker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted remain for Brexit because I knew the current government would make a complete Hogswash of the whole "deal", also, unlike a lot of the leave voters (IMO), apart from the fact I can't talk to non UK call centres because they don't understand my accent, I have no quarrel with immigrants.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MrAllen2K21 said:

I voted remain for Brexit because I knew the current government would make a complete Hogswash of the whole "deal", also, unlike a lot of the leave voters (IMO), apart from the fact I can't talk to non UK call centres because they don't understand my accent, I have no quarrel with immigrants.

 

But if they're non UK call centres, then by definition they're not immigrants 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Joker said:

But if they're non UK call centres, then by definition they're not immigrants 😁

No what I mean is most Utility and mobile providers use Indian call centres, that's kind of why I left Talk Talk in favour of Plusnet last year, only slight fly in the Ointment there was that TT were annoying but at least they took less than half an hour to answer the flippin' phone! :rant:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Magilla said:

Comparing the figures was in itself an exercise in comparing apples to sausages, there's every possibility given the data sets that both could be true!

 

No worries, I understand you're quick to dispute anything that shows Brexit in a bad light... if I'd potentially set myself up look like an idiot for life, I would too! :hihi:

Apples to Oranges; the RHA said X and I linked in a FullFact link that questioned the facts of X. When did I compare apples and oranges?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 08/03/2021 at 10:24, the_bloke said:

Apples to Oranges; the RHA said X and I linked in a FullFact link that questioned the facts of X.

It really didn't, it presented two separate sets of data that aren't necessarily related.

 

Quote

When did I compare apples and oranges?

When you made your "starting to look flaky" claim.

Edited by Magilla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Simon Coveney is briefing the 'Friends of Ireland' caucus of the US Congress on Brexit today, so don't worry about the border between the UK and the EU27.

 

Germany's federal statistic body advised some days ago, that UK exports to Germany fell by 56+% in January 2021 relative to last year's performance. German exports to the UK dropped 29%, to be contrasted with a 6% drop in import-export with other EU countries. Guardian article yesterday, has links.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, L00b said:

Simon Coveney is briefing the 'Friends of Ireland' caucus of the US Congress on Brexit today, so don't worry about the border between the UK and the EU27.

 

Germany's federal statistic body advised some days ago, that UK exports to Germany fell by 56+% in January 2021 relative to last year's performance. German exports to the UK dropped 29%, to be contrasted with a 6% drop in import-export with other EU countries. Guardian article yesterday, has links.

70% for Italy... ouch!

 

Just seen the UK's replacement for Erasmus getting panned at PMQs...

 

New ‘Erasmus’ scheme will not pay tuition or travel costs and living allowance slashed:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/erasmus-study-exchange-scheme-tuition-travel-b1814641.html

 

What would Turing say! :roll:

 

 

Edited by Magilla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be interesting to know what Johnson’s end game is about or even if there is one.

Lord Frost appears to have adopted a superior and confrontational stance which will help to destroy any goodwill and cooperation which has been built up over the years.

There are no winners but we stand to lose more than the remaining members of the EU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RJRB said:

It would be interesting to know what Johnson’s end game is about or even if there is one.

Lord Frost appears to have adopted a superior and confrontational stance which will help to destroy any goodwill and cooperation which has been built up over the years.

There are no winners but we stand to lose more than the remaining members of the EU.

Simple.

 

Get re-elected, no matter the cost to the economy, or European relations, or even Northern Oirland.

 

As for your other points, yes, I fear the reaction of Lord Frost and this Tory government will be to blame the EU for our government's own failings so that the UK will never again be invited to rejoin the EU, since there will be so much bad blood between the UK and the EU.

 

Still, I think you and I just need to Beleave harder, and focus on the positive aspects instead.

 

I can only think of one, but it's important to take your wins whenever you can:

 

Arlene Foster and the Sectarian bigots of the DUP have been thrown under a bus, and I couldn't be happier 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not so sure that he will want to stay on.

He may well have his eye on the millions that he can make as an ex-Prime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

X