Jump to content

Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute.

 

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by Vaati

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Magilla said:

It was only viable because he had FoM for his product and a massive market to sell into.

 

The viability of his product and ability to get it to his customers relied on FoM for goods, which no other market delivers, especially for live produce.

 

Opening an EU based office, or using a Spanish distributor won't make any difference, the product itself comes from the UK!

 

All of the issues are before either would actually see any product, it solves nothing.

 

I'm sure it was anything but CBA, he's probably spent the last 6 weeks trying every possible avenue to keep going, but the reality is his business was only viable as SM/CU members, as is the case for many SME's.

 

There'll be thousands going the same way in the next few months.

 

And, to add, finding new business at any time - let alone during a pandemic - isn't easy or most small businesses would be medium businesses. Chuck in a load of paperwork for the sender AND the client in many cases isn't helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Magilla said:

Brexiteer gets precisely what they voted for and told they would get... blames the EU:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56002176

 

SHOCKER!

 

How simple do you have to be to swallow this guff? :roll:

Imagine, having watched a livelihood that you have spent years growing just become unsustainable because of Brexit, hear Michael Gove compare it all to a plane taking off.  Exactly whats needed, a soundbite rather some factual evidence or statement about what the government are doing to rectify these issues.

 

Shame on you if you voted for this shower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Magilla said:

Brexiteer gets precisely what they voted for and told they would get... blames the EU:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56002176

 

SHOCKER!

 

How simple do you have to be to swallow this guff? :roll:

"Thanks for the votes, have a peanut"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Delbow said:

"Thanks for the votes, have a peanut"

i believe this one is a peer, he doesn't need votes so the peanut is a gift which shows how generous he is, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Magilla said:

How simple do you have to be to swallow this guff?

YouGov poll data, based on the same question asked every week, about how well or badly the government is negotiating/handling Brexit, shows that this propaganda is working:

Very Well/Fairly Well December average: 27%

Very Well/Fairly Well January average: 39%

Very Well/Fairly Well February 3rd poll: 42%
 

Clearly, more and more people believe the government is doing a good job of managing Brexit, with the undecideds continuing to hover about the same 12% as always.

 

So the only thing you should expect, is more of the same propaganda.

 

Seeing as the EU27 is done with negotiating anything (there's just no appetite left now that the deal is signed, and the EU has plenty other stuff to do), and isn't going to engage English rethoric any time soon(-er now, than it ever did before), that propaganda should continue to work fine for Johnson (since the teething problems are anything but, and aren't going to improve anytime soon - in fact they'll get far worse by summer when the full-fat customs checks kick in).

Edited by L00b

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, L00b said:

YouGov poll data, based on the same question asked every week, about how well or badly the government is negotiating/handling Brexit, shows that this propaganda is working:

Very Well/Fairly Well December average: 27%

Very Well/Fairly Well January average: 39%

Very Well/Fairly Well February 3rd poll: 42%
 

Clearly, more and more people believe the government is doing a good job of managing Brexit, with the undecideds continuing to hover about the same 12% as always.

 

So the only thing you should expect, is more of the same propaganda.

 

Seeing as the EU27 is done with negotiating anything (there's just no appetite left now that the deal is signed, and the EU has plenty other stuff to do), and isn't going to engage English rethoric any time soon(-er now, than it ever did before), that propaganda should continue to work fine for Johnson (since the teething problems are anything but, and aren't going to improve anytime soon - in fact they'll get far worse by summer when the full-fat customs checks kick in).

Its plausible 42% of people don't know anyone personally whose livelihood has been affected by brexit, so for them it all looks good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nightrider said:

Its plausible 42% of people don't know anyone personally whose livelihood has been affected by brexit, so for them it all looks good.

Which is probably similar to many of those who voted for Brexit in the first place without any appreciation of the ramifications of their quest for sovereignty.

The initial bumps in the road will go on for a long time yet because we were never prepared for the deadline that was arbitrarily self imposed.

Ironically we will now be the ones looking for extensions to deadlines to try to manage   the red tape required to import and export goods.

 

And on the financial front

https://www.cityam.com/exclusive-brexit-hit-to-london-may-be-9-5bn-a-year/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, RJRB said:

Ironically we will now be the ones looking for extensions to deadlines to try to manage   the red tape required to import and export goods.

EU says no (to Gove looking for extensions/arrangements).

21 hours ago, RJRB said:

And on the financial front

Amsterdam has now overtaken London in terms of European share trading volume (Financial Times).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, L00b said:

EU says no (to Gove looking for extensions/arrangements).

Amsterdam has now overtaken London in terms of European share trading volume (Financial Times).

Not really concerning the City if you read the whole article

 

"But many believe that the lack of an equivalence deal could in fact help the City appeal to more global destinations, including Hong Kong and Singapore.

Barclays boss Jes Staley last week said that a more global outlook would do the City well.

Rosenblatt Securities market structure analyst Anish Puaar told the FT: “It’s symbolic in that London has lost its status as the home of EU share trading, but it has a chance to carve out its own niche on trading.

“Fund managers will be more concerned with availability of liquidity and the costs of placing a trade, rather than whether an order is executed in London or Amsterdam.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure, seemingly nothing is concerning anyone much, as suggested by the poll results that I posted earlier.

 

Least of all City financial types, with specialist skills and networks in high demand the world over.

 

Meanwhile, the consequences of Brexit (indeed!) are playing out just the same, and as foretold.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, L00b said:

Meanwhile, the consequences of Brexit (indeed!) are playing out just the same, and as foretold.

Indeed, Carney said this would happen, it was branded "Project Fear"...

 

...it's now happened, Bailey says the EU is being unfair! :roll:

 

You couldn't make it up!

Edited by Magilla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

X