Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

3 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

I’ll give you a quick tip when it comes to this mob of Tories, don’t believe a thing they say.

"But Mr Kwarteng told MPs: "I do not want there to be any doubt about my or the government's intentions in this area.

"We will not row back on the 48-hour weekly working limit derived from the working time directive, we will not reduce the UK annual leave entitlement, which is already much more generous than the EU minimum standard, we will not row back on legal rights to breaks at work.

"I will say it again, there is no government plan to reduce workers' rights." Mr Kwarteng added he had repeatedly said that, outside the EU, Britain had an opportunity to raise standards."

Blimey!  You see it printed in black & white, hear him saying it on tv, yet you still refuse to believe. 

13 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

So more post-Brexit fears dismissed regarding workers' rights. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-55842992

The Conservative party has many considerations as how to screw down workers earnings and rights and how to keep the gulf between the haves and have nots.

So far they have managed to drag many employed people towards the breadline.

As it says in the article,they have shied away from this one rather than face the outcry.

So nothing to do with Brexit

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

So more post-Brexit fears dismissed regarding workers' rights. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-55842992

Proof positive that those fears were well founded.

Kwarteng also "dismissed" them 2 days before being forced to admit they were already under consultation.

More like a case of too much Brexit bad news at the minute... so placed on the back burner.

Edited by Magilla

51 minutes ago, Baron99 said:
Blimey!  You see it printed in black & white, hear him saying it on tv, yet you still refuse to believe. 

"No non-tariff barriers to trade!" Saw it printed in black & white, heard him saying it on tv... no, I didn't believe.

24 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Leaving the EU was never about being better or worse off financially but all about being a independent sovereign country again.
Many voters chose  to vote to leave the EU because they wanted their own Government to make the important decisions rather than the EU. Too much EU bureaucracy was another reason.

German media savages EU for vaccine shambles which it calls ‘an advert for Brexit’

https://grandeguerrafvg.it/2021/01/27/german-media-savages-eu-for-vaccine-shambles-which-it-calls-an-advert-for-brexit/

My bold. 

The link makes an interesting read as well.  

The whole shebang might have worked if the EU remained as originally intended & it just had 28, (27 now we're out), dedicated EU Ministers, sat round a table negotiating on behalf of their own countries for a common good.  But no, they had to introduce another layer of unnecessary tier of bureaucracy by creating the EU Commission, staffed by another 32,000 people, all of who of course need paying. 

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Leaving the EU was never about being better or worse off financially but all about being a independent sovereign country again.
Many voters chose  to vote to leave the EU because they wanted their own Government to make the important decisions rather than the EU. Too much EU bureaucracy was another reason.

German media savages EU for vaccine shambles which it calls ‘an advert for Brexit’

https://grandeguerrafvg.it/2021/01/27/german-media-savages-eu-for-vaccine-shambles-which-it-calls-an-advert-for-brexit/

Thank you for the link I also find it very interesting and bold.

Lokslike the remainers at the Guardian have yet again been proved wrong https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/14/coronavirus-vaccine-delays-brexit-ema-expensive

They said the UK qould be at the back of the Q, nothing could be further from the truth. We're at the front for Novavax as well.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9201267/EU-vaccine-Europe-negotiating-Novavax-jabs-UK-bought-five-months-ago.html

4 hours ago, West 77 said:

It's ironic the EU as it is known today was originally formed to prevent wars and the EU have started a vaccine war which is only going to speed up its demise.

RIP the EU

From what is generally known at the moment it doesn’t reflect at all well on the EU .I have argued all the way for the benefits arising from close cooperation with our near neighbours,and none of the vaccines would have been possible without the transfer of  technology and materials between countries.

The virus knows no boundaries and the last thing we need is a vaccine war.

Can you imagine the headlines if Johnson in the last days had:

- Publicly shamed a pharmaceutical company producing a vaccination on a not-for-profit basis

- Enacted a ban on vaccine exports apart from by exception without a vote

- Occupied pharmaceutical production with officials

- Created a hard-border on the island of Ireland

Not only has this been a PR disaster for the European Union, it has served to demonstrate how little the Commission regards the input of member states - the RoI government were not even informed before the border was closed to goods.

The best thing the British government could do now is offer doses to the Irish government - not only would this benefit health outcomes across the travel area, it would also demonstrate that we do not blame them for the EU's poor decision making. 

I suspect the cause of "Rejoin" has taken a significant hit this evening with the veil slipping yet further.