Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

22 minutes ago, altus said:

Wow, the first paragraph.

“British businesses that export to the continent are being encouraged by government trade advisers to set up separate companies inside the EU in order to get around extra charges, paperwork and taxes resulting from Brexit.”

What a lying, craven, amoral, self-serving set of psychos we’ve got running this country.

Edited by Mister Gee

1 hour ago, altus said:

I like this bit best

Andrew Moss, who runs Horizon Retail Marketing Solutions, based in Ely, Cambridgeshire, and selling packaging and point-of-sale marketing displays in the UK and to EU customers, is registering a European company Horizon Europe in the Netherlands in the next few weeks, on the advice of a senior government adviser.

This will mean laying off a small number of staff here and taking on people in the Netherlands.

The brexit dividend :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Mister Gee said:

“British businesses that export to the continent are being encouraged by government trade advisers to set up separate companies inside the EU in order to get around extra charges, paperwork and taxes resulting from Brexit.”

What a lying, craven, amoral, self-serving set of psychos we’ve got running this country.

I think even Arthur Daley would've considered the Government's advice as too low & spivvy, even for him

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

I think even Arthur Daley would've considered the Government's advice as too low & spivvy, even for him

He did have some standards, they weren’t very high but at least he had some unlike this mob of Tories.

11 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

It may seem strange that this is the advice given but it is the correct thing to do given the new rules.

The reverse is also happening with EU businesses setting up offices and distribution facilities in the UK.
Many of our large Italian suppliers opened UK hubs last year in preparation for Brexit, and I have long-standing UK offices of German and Scandinavian brands that have now opened warehousing as well.

These businesses all manufacture outside of the EU so will just ship goods direct to the UK now from their Asian and North American suppliers.

Obviously it depends on the scale of their businesses as to whether it’s worth doing this, and the same goes for UK businesses thinking of opening a base in the EU.

2 hours ago, Westie1889 said:

It may seem strange that this is the advice given but it is the correct thing to do given the new rules.

It's hilarious is what it is. Taking back control apparently means being forced to set up a new company in the EU with its own running costs in order to stand still.

1 minute ago, Delbow said:

It's hilarious is what it is. Taking back control apparently means being forced to set up a new company in the EU with its own running costs in order to stand still.

and sack people in the UK and take them on in the EU

complete and utter nonsense, the lot of it

Edited by melthebell

40 minutes ago, melthebell said:

and sack people in the UK and take them on in the EU

complete and utter nonsense, the lot of it

but we have our soverignty and (french printed) blue passports isn't that enough?

greater love has no man than to give up his job for the sake of making Rees-Mogg and his buddies richer. I'm sure they will be along shorly to say thank you. 

2 minutes ago, andyofborg said:

but we have our soverignty and (french printed) blue passports isn't that enough?

greater love has no man than to give up his job for the sake of making Rees-Mogg and his buddies richer. I'm sure they will be along shorly to say thank you. 

Praise be to the almighty Brexit Cult

40 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Praise be to the almighty Brexit Cult

We were promised frictionless trade, but got tradeless friction.

Britain’s hopes of a quick trade deal with US fade:

https://www.ft.com/content/c26c550e-df9f-4973-b476-d701e341f676

...Bidens team tells Boris that a trade agreement is not a priority.

UK wine drinkers face higher prices as Brexit hangover kicks in:

https://www.ft.com/content/2747ddf8-7f6c-4b34-9e40-36d6c4178203

EU to seek more time to ratify trade deal with UK:

https://www.ft.com/content/a093a913-b230-4559-80a2-8b5a55bf81c3

The deal is not yet ratified, member states want a bigger say in retaliatory actions that can be taken if there is a breach of the level playing field provisions.

US emerges as early winner of shift in derivatives trading from London:

https://www.ft.com/content/959284c3-4e69-4db7-a9c2-ae5772d1c5bc

"Netherlands also picks up business as Brexit pushes dealing away from UK"

Fishermen feel waves of betrayal over Boris Johnson’s Brexit deal:

https://www.ft.com/content/82371fcb-3814-4ac1-8332-c59daaa49c8b

Asked about their views of Brexiteers... "I think they’ll be afraid to show up around here. Many people are angry."

What they need is someone telling them how unpatriotic they're being, and that they need to work a bit harder... that'll sort 'em! :P

They're all luvin' it, luvin' it. What I don't get is how all this helps the forgotten places like Bolsover and Clay Cross, who were told this was for them. I mean, I know it's very early days, but by what mechanism will the inward investment they need happen?