Jump to content


Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute.

 

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by Vaati

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, RJRB said:

To quote Carboot” is a riddle wrapped up in a mystery inside an enigma”

Somehow he seeks to square the circle of Leninist dogma and Trumpism.

A prime candidate to work alongside Dom Cummings?

Has he written or edited for Guido Fawkes? Or staffed for Vote Leave back in 2016? Because based on the profiles of Dominic's recent recruits, these seem to be the qualifying experiences ;)

 

It looks more like thoughtless haranguing, like most of his posts most of the time, tbh.

 

Because you really don't need A level economics, never mind a 1st Degree from Oxbridge,  to connect the dots of bargain basement pricing of US foodstuffs, permitted by the sheer scale of US farming (aided and abetted by looser local standards and a tariff-cutting FTA), and the predictable, consequential destruction of small scale (artisanal, by comparison with US) UK farming and agrifood sector. Particularly after shutting out the bottom wage'd East European seasonal and non-seasonal labour, and CAP payments (well, their UK equivalent).

Edited by L00b

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, L00b said:

Has he written or edited for Guido Fawkes? Or staffed for Vote Leave back in 2016? Because based on the profiles of Dominic's recent recruits, these seem to be the qualifying experiences ;)

 

It looks more like thoughtless haranguing, like most of his posts most of the time, tbh.

 

Because you really don't need A level economics, never mind a 1st Degree from Oxbridge,  to connect the dots of bargain basement pricing of US foodstuffs, permitted by the sheer scale of US farming (aided and abetted by looser local standards and a tariff-cutting FTA), and the predictable, consequential destruction of small scale (artisanal, by comparison with US) UK farming and agrifood sector. Particularly after shutting out the bottom wage'd East European seasonal and non-seasonal labour, and CAP payments (well, their UK equivalent).

Exactly its selling out to the dollar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Exactly its selling out to the dollar

For the US, that may be the later the sale, the better: between the coronavirus effect on markets and logistics, the UK's PR noises about US and EU negotiations, and the UK government's ever-dumber anti-EU rethoric ("don't send Hancock to the EU for coordinating the fight against the virus, it might give the EU leverage": I mean, really?!?)...

 

...GBP is back to falling like a rock.

 

Ride'em high, cowboy! :banana:

Edited by L00b

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my new passport today and it was same as last one - small and burgundy.

 

i am Outraged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Got my new passport today and it was same as last one - small and burgundy.

 

i am Outraged.

This isn’t what we were promised!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Got my new passport today and it was same as last one - small and burgundy.

 

i am Outraged.

Lol - in the  times I've used my passport (getting on for 100) I can't remember anyone looking at the cover - even the British Customs.

 

They look at the photo page every time - I wonder why?

 

I take it people who assume the black covered passport has magical qualities are the same ones who think if they point,  talk slowly and loudly in English then they'll be understoood everywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, makapaka said:

Got my new passport today and it was same as last one - small and burgundy.

 

i am Outraged.

There's a massive stock of old ones that needs to be used up first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Longcol said:

(...)

 

I take it people who assume the black covered passport has magical qualities are the same ones who think if they point,  talk slowly and loudly in English then they'll be understoood everywhere.

These magical qualities are fading fast (the British passport ranked 6th last year, already on a downward curve).

 

Considering the ranking criteria, it is extremely doubtful that the colour swap will make any difference.

Edited by L00b

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the UK will leave the EASA ( European Aviation Safety Agency ).

 

The sectors trade body ADS has estimated that it would take 10 years and cost up to £40m annually to create a UK safety authority with all the expertise of EASA, against a current contribution to the European agency of £1m to £4m a year.

 

Take back control, but in a manner which is unsafe...

 

Where is that lying, cheating, sexist, racist PM of our when we need someone to blame/visit the floods/ catch coronoavirus?

 

Oh yes, on a £15K holiday (paid for by someone else - no corruption there!) or shacked up with his soon to be wife (getting married so there won't be any more ******** in Downing Street!)

 

NOTE: a ******* is defined as a person born of unmarried parents - not a rude term

Just now, Litotes said:

So the UK will leave the EASA ( European Aviation Safety Agency ).

 

The sectors trade body ADS has estimated that it would take 10 years and cost up to £40m annually to create a UK safety authority with all the expertise of EASA, against a current contribution to the European agency of £1m to £4m a year.

 

Take back control, but in a manner which is unsafe...

 

Where is that lying, cheating, sexist, racist PM of our when we need someone to blame/visit the floods/ catch coronoavirus?

 

Oh yes, on a £15K holiday (paid for by someone else - no corruption there!) or shacked up with his soon to be wife (getting married so there won't be any more ******** in Downing Street!)

 

NOTE: a ******* is defined as a person born of unmarried parents - not a rude term

******** = B a s t a r d used in its original meaning showing how bad the AI used for obsfucation is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Litotes said:

So the UK will leave the EASA ( European Aviation Safety Agency ).

 

The sectors trade body ADS has estimated that it would take 10 years and cost up to £40m annually to create a UK safety authority with all the expertise of EASA, against a current contribution to the European agency of £1m to £4m a year.

Why spend £40m when you can pay £400m instead, for no benefit...

 

...Brexit in a nutshell.

 

I see the UK's Galileo replacement has hit the ground running:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/03/02/brexit_satellite_delay/

"Rockets are fuelled by more than wishful thinking and maybe some of those experts might be useful after all."

 

All so predictable, sadly.

 

Turns out, that £350m was a bargain... who'd have thought it! :?

Edited by Magilla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

And even with Brexit, Nissan continue to invest in their UK plant. 

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-tyne-51771624

 

 

I suggest you read the analysis by Theo Leggett that concludes;

 

"just because its immediate future seems secure, there's no guarantee the plant will be awarded more business when its current contracts, including the new Qashqai, come to an end."

 

Which it appears may be rather abrupt in the case of an "Australian deal".

 

(£50m is pretty much petty cash to Nissan - it's sales amount to over $100 billion pa).

Edited by Longcol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.