Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

A business man who voted leave in the referendum, now finds that his business is in serious jeopardy due to Brexit

Brexit: Leave voter admits he wouldn’t have voted if he ‘knew we’d lose our jobs’ | indy100

Edited by Mister M

29 minutes ago, Mister M said:

A business man who voted leave in the referendum, now finds that his business is in serious jeopardy due to Brexit

Brexit: Leave voter admits he wouldn’t have voted if he ‘knew we’d lose our jobs’ | indy100

I mentioned him earlier M in response to tinfoils post. It looks like Eel live to regret voting Brexit,

Edited by Mister Gee

6 hours ago, West 77 said:

It looks like the ERG are going to support the trade deal with the EU making it a complete victory for Boris Johnson.  A great day lies ahead along with great years  ahead for all Leave voters who have confidence in their own country.

Rule Britannia !    Mission Accomplished!

All passporting rights for UK financial services firms are gone.

EU manufacturers have tariff free access to UK markets.

Mission accomplished?

7 hours ago, West 77 said:

It looks like the ERG are going to support the trade deal with the EU making it a complete victory for Boris Johnson.  A great day lies ahead along with great years  ahead for all Leave voters who have confidence in their own country.

We’ll at least we will know who to hold to account now if things go pear shaped. You can’t blame the EU anymore, Labour are irrelevant just like those that voted Remain. 

Edited by Mister Gee

9 hours ago, West 77 said:

So when do the new power stations come on line given that the EU control 7% of UK's power supply;

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-gas-electricity-supply-uk-fish-stocks-b1780376.html

Best hope for mild winters eh?

So, to get the deal over the line all it took was for the French to close their borders for 48 hours and Bojo folds like a cheap suit.

I do wonder who the Government (any Government, not particularly this one) is going to blame for its failings now we've fully left the EU.

Will they have to own their own mistakes in future rather than just blame everything on the EU bogeyman?

That is, potentially, one benefit of Brexit - I finally found one!! 😂

17 hours ago, Longcol said:

So when do the new power stations come on line given that the EU control 7% of UK's power supply;

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-gas-electricity-supply-uk-fish-stocks-b1780376.html

Best hope for mild winters eh?

Hinkley Point should provide the 7% according to this,

https://www.jacobs.com/projects/hinkley-point-c

9 minutes ago, retep said:

Hinkley Point should provide the 7% according to this,

https://www.jacobs.com/projects/hinkley-point-c

It was supposed to be by 2017. Per megawatt it's also going to be phenomenally expensive, the UK government having guaranteed FRENCH company EDF a per megawatt price so that we're tied into paying over the odds when we could get the same amount of power cheaper from renewables. "Taking back control".

Can't please some, wonder what the next gripe will be.

It doesn't bother me that EDF are French, but I think quite a few Brexit enthusiasts would be surprised at the government's keenness to over-pay a French company for electricity. But that's because they think Brexit is about some nebulous feeling of autonomy or sovereignty, when it's really about shifting more money from the less well off to the already rich.

2 hours ago, whiteowl said:

So, to get the deal over the line all it took was for the French to close their borders for 48 hours and Bojo folds like a cheap suit.

I do wonder who the Government (any Government, not particularly this one) is going to blame for its failings now we've fully left the EU.

Will they have to own their own mistakes in future rather than just blame everything on the EU bogeyman?

That is, potentially, one benefit of Brexit - I finally found one!! 😂

That isn't a benefit at all.

The government will blame everyone who disagrees with them, any person or institution who challenges them in the slightest way.