Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

3 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Or maybe it is prudent - who knows how it will turn out...

"Act in haste, repent at leisure"

After all, the UK was hasty in accepting the Brexit vote, and now see the economic disarray that has occurred.

If only the Government had been a bit more prudent in the implementation of the Act...

However, hindsight is 20:20 and we have to live with whatever shambles (Mr Bo-Shambles) was chosen!

In what way?

Did you see the way his men were willing to follow him.

7 minutes ago, retep said:

Did you see the way his men were willing to follow him.

You are aware that it’s fictitious aren’t you?

Just now, Mister Gee said:

Bit like the benefits of brexit 🙄

Just now, Mister Gee said:

Yes I can't see the UK rejoining.

1 hour ago, retep said:

Yes I can't see the UK rejoining.

Wow, that's one thing that the brexiteers can't see; they can see the glory lands ahead, the lands of milk and honey, (they can't see the grey days of shortages, or of the UK economy going even redder), but they can't see the UK population deciding they have been royally duped by the liars and charlatans that drove the brexit vote...

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Actually I made a mistake the Pfizer vaccine has finally been approved for use in the EU27 bloc.  It's hoped it might start to be distributed to some EU nations on Sunday. 

Not sure what you mean by the UK being hasty in accepting the Brexit vote because the implementation of the result has been painfully slow. We will never get back those days between 29th March 2019 and 31st January 2020 when we were still in the EU after we should have left.

The UK population weren't given a chance to change their mind - something that is paramount in a democracy - and don't say the 2019 election was a chance to change their minds - that was a chance for the lying cheating racist  bully that is Boris Johnson to promise things that he never expected to deliver - where is levelling up now?

He is in power and he cares **** all about the north, but the north got him relected.

Expect more bribery between him and rush-a-wadge sunack to try and keep the blue line strong, but all it is is lip service.

We know who holds the power in #10, and her name isn't Boris.

34 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Wow, that's one thing that the brexiteers can't see; they can see the glory lands ahead, the lands of milk and honey, (they can't see the grey days of shortages, or of the UK economy going even redder), but they can't see the UK population deciding they have been royally duped by the liars and charlatans that drove the brexit vote...

The UK population weren't given a chance to change their mind - something that is paramount in a democracy - and don't say the 2019 election was a chance to change their minds - that was a chance for the lying cheating racist  bully that is Boris Johnson to promise things that he never expected to deliver - where is levelling up now?

He is in power and he cares **** all about the north, but the north got him relected.

Expect more bribery between him and rush-a-wadge sunack to try and keep the blue line strong, but all it is is lip service.

What's nonsense you are talking. The 2019 election was exactly an opportunity for people to change their mind. If there was even a sniff that the tide turned and people were no longer wishing to leave the EU - any party with even a proposal of overturning would have absolutely stormed it come polling day. They didn't.

Not only did the clearly brexit pushing Tories win the election they won with a huge increase in their majority share. If that's not a clear signal of what the majority wanted in relation to brexit I don't know what is.

I don't particularly like the results of leaving myself.   It certainly was never my choice.  However, I'm also smart enough to see see the clear direction that things have taken. Whether it is actually disaster remains to be seen but you cannot possibly pretend that the public have not spoken.

Who on earth are you to arrogantly declare that the majority electorate choice is wrong and your position is right?   That sort of attitude doesn't doesn't sound much like 'democracy' to me.  That's what dictators do isn't it.

Edited by ECCOnoob

30 minutes ago, Litotes said:

I can see a lot of disappointed remain voters on the 1st of January.

20 minutes ago, retep said:

I can see a lot of disappointed remain voters on the 1st of January.

There will be a lot of disappointed salad fans too.

And courgette eaters.

And pepper eaters.

And drivers of reasonably priced cars.

And pet owners wanting a holiday.

And... you get the idea.

Turnip soup anyone?

21 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

There will be a lot of disappointed salad fans too.

And courgette eaters.

And pepper eaters.

And drivers of reasonably priced cars.

And pet owners wanting a holiday.

And... you get the idea.

Turnip soup anyone?

I'd be disappointed with a salad diet in winter.

Just now, retep said:

I'd be disappointed with a salad diet in winter.

Why?

Salad is very good for you.

4 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Why?

Salad is very good for you.

You can eat like a rabbit,    I'll eat the rabbit

2 minutes ago, retep said:

You can eat like a rabbit,    I'll eat the rabbit

Incidentally, how is taking back control of our borders going?