Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

8 hours ago, Longcol said:

He's out of his depth in a puddle.

Never fear, the French could always find him to render assistance ;)

This morning, the EU Parliament is putting the finishing touches to a "no deal" statement (not enough time left before year end now, to scrutinise whatever deal the UK government might accept and get Parliament to rubber-stamp in extremis), to forestall any further can kicking by Johnson's government to year end.

So no deal and WTO advocates can get their wish at long last. Well played them. You all must be thrilled :)

Edited by L00b

6 hours ago, Baron99 said:

I do enjoy a good fifth columnist jibe & admire your persistence but its not going to work in the long run really is it?  

I genuinely feel sorry for people who go through life without the tiniest spark of optimism in their souls.  But each to their own eh? 

Tick-tock.  Now that has got to cheer you up, surely?  Is does for the majority. 

And that is why I reach out to all of you ardent Brexiteers to offer believable positivity for the coming years in my hour of need.

I am offered Sovereignty which fails to stir my enthusiasm.

Never mind.I am retired with a secure pension,no mortgage ,good health etc.

So from an entirely selfish standpoint there is light in my life.

On the downside I have working children and student grandchildren who will bear the brunt of the worst post war self inflicted stupidity,handled by an inept blustering P.M.

Hey Ho.

6 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Tick-tock.  Now that has got to cheer you up, surely?  Is does for the majority. 

Let's hope it still does when the over £6bn of funding their localities received from the EU drops to the £220m promised by the government..

...I wonder if optimism will be able to plug that gap? :?

Tick-Tock you say! :hihi:

If no deal is achieved surely this could be farewell to Boris .  :thumbsup:

38 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

If no deal is achieved surely this could be farewell to Boris .  :thumbsup:

Senior Tory backbencher Sir Roger Gale has this morning called for Johnson's resignation if he does not achieve a deal.

Just now, Mister M said:

Senior Tory backbencher Sir Roger Gale has this morning called for Johnson's resignation if he does not achieve a deal.

David Cameron did the right thing,  can't see Boris doing the same because  he hasn't got a clue how to do the right thing . :roll:

9 hours ago, Baron99 said:

I do enjoy a good fifth columnist jibe & admire your persistence but its not going to work in the long run really is it?  

I genuinely feel sorry for people who go through life without the tiniest spark of optimism in their souls.  But each to their own eh? 

Third and final time - unless I'm on ignore then fair enough - what are you doing to ensure a successful no deal for the country?

4 hours ago, L00b said:

Never fear, the French could always find him to render assistance ;)

This morning, the EU Parliament is putting the finishing touches to a "no deal" statement (not enough time left before year end now, to scrutinise whatever deal the UK government might accept and get Parliament to rubber-stamp in extremis), to forestall any further can kicking by Johnson's government to year end.

Doesn't matter it seems. Barnier has just announced they will make a provisional deal to be put into use on Jan 1 and let MEP's scrutinise it later on.

12 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Then Sir Roger Gale is fool who doesn't deserve to be a MP.  In any negotiations there are two parties involved.  It's the duty of Boris Johnson to walk away from a trade deal that he believes is a bad deal that doesn't respect British sovereignty. Walking away from any current deal on offer doesn't mean there will never be a future trade deal between the UK and EU.  As individuals we walk away from deals that are not to are liking everyday and find better deals at a later date.

Boris Johnson isn't buying a fridge hes negotiating a trade deal that impacts the lives of millions. Hes a failure  - by his own definition.

1 minute ago, West 77 said:

Very amusing. So in your world it's okay to walk away from buying a fridge but it's not okay for the Prime Minister of your country to walk away from a long term bad trade deal that doesn't respect the regained sovereignty that was won after the biggest democrat vote in British history.  Theresa May was the failure because she didn't want to walk away from a bad deal after for months saying no deal is better than a bad deal. 

Why is it a bad trade deal? 

4 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Very amusing. So in your world it's okay to walk away from buying a fridge but it's not okay for the Prime Minister of your country to walk away from a long term bad trade deal that doesn't respect the regained sovereignty that was won after the biggest democrat vote in British history.  Theresa May was the failure because she didn't want to walk away from a bad deal after for months saying no deal is better than a bad deal. 

brexit IS BAD full stop, any deal,  no deal is far worse than we had already, see that obsession is blurring your vision again

18 minutes ago, West 77 said:

So in your world it's okay to walk away from buying a fridge but it's not okay for the Prime Minister of your country to walk away from a long term bad trade deal that doesn't respect the regained sovereignty

If you don't buy that fridge, it doesn't effect your income or standing in the community, not so for no-deal.

The UK is trying to use a trade deal to do something it's not designed to do: This, fundamentally, is why negotiations have failed.