Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

1 hour ago, Mister Gee said:

Who are they going to flog it to though? I’m not sure ten bob lobsters, a sack of langoustines and Hake for a quid will do it for your average punter.

That would be an upside to Brexit.

2 minutes ago, El Cid said:

They will need to buy a rather large trawler, then when they have caught the fish, might be easier to take the catch to EU processing plants.

The problem with that is that it may become difficult to do, especially if there is no deal. 

There was an interview on the radio today with a representative of the welsh fishermen and he pointed out most of their fleet exports their catch and if that becomes more difficult then their industry is basically ended.

It appears that the government only loves english fishermen,,,,,,  

2 minutes ago, El Cid said:

We could always rebuild UK processing plants, but it will take some time. In the meantime, fish prices will increase, there may even be a shortage.

we could rebuild anything we used to have but we have had 40 years of government's which have at best been neutral to that sort of thing and a private sector which prioritises asset stripping rather than asset development. 

it would also take many years to do build the factories and train the staff to work in them, years we don't have. 

3 minutes ago, andyofborg said:

It appears that the government only loves english fishermen,,,,,,  

Not really, its been said it could happen to them pretty easily too

1 hour ago, Mister Gee said:

Who are they going to flog it to though? I’m not sure ten bob lobsters, a sack of langoustines and Hake for a quid will do it for your average punter.

I'm sure someone will be along soon enough to say that the British people should buy it out of patriotic pride. I wonder what a lobster, langoustine and turnip pie tastes like? 🤔

16 minutes ago, whiteowl said:

I'm sure someone will be along soon enough to say that the British people should buy it out of patriotic pride. I wonder what a lobster, langoustine and turnip pie tastes like? 🤔

It’ll be interesting to see who’s clambering to buy them under WTO rules?

22 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I'm prepared to buy Welsh lamb next year to help Welsh lamb farmers.  

That’s the spirit👏

1 hour ago, whiteowl said:

I've heard that Heston Blumenthal is already planning this for his Fat Duck restaurant. 

It will come with a side salad, soused with anger, infused with regret & bitterness for Remain diners, should they request. 

Edited by Baron99

3 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

I've heard that Heston Blumenthal is already planning this for his Fat Duck restaurant. 

It will come with a side salad, soused with anger, infused with regret for Remain diners should they request. 

No such thing anymore, the ball is in your court. How’s it going?

Just now, Mister Gee said:

No such thing anymore, the ball is in your court. How’s it going?

Fine thanks.  Looking forward to it.

And what you should be taking out of the above sentence is LOOKING FORWARD. 

Are you prepared to join the majority wanting the same, making it work or are you going to to sit on the side lines, wallowing? 

5 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Fine thanks.  Looking forward to it.

And what you should be taking out of the above sentence is LOOKING FORWARD. 

Are you prepared to join the majority wanting the same, making it work or are you going to to sit on the side lines, wallowing? 

Making what work?

1 hour ago, whiteowl said:

Chuck a lobster in and jobs a good un,

Langoustines and turnips are fine examples of the diverse quality of Scotland’s natural larder. Both are best served simply, allowing the natural flavours to come forward. If langoustines are hard to come by, substitute for some good smoked salmon. Turnips at their best are amazing raw. We simply slice as thin as possible with the skin on and lay on the plates. Plums grow in our garden, and we semi-dry them for storage through the winter.

https://talkingfoodmagazine.co.uk/featured_item/scottish-langoustine-turnip-plum-and-herbs/

20 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Making what work?

A success of your country & new opportunities ahead or keep wollowing in self pity that the way you voted in the EU referendum, didn't work out the way you & a minority wanted.  It's over 4 & a half years &. IT'S OVER.

Your choice?

Edited by Baron99