Jump to content RIP Sheffield Admin Mort

Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

Groose

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute.

 

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by Groose

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

My bold. 

 

Specifically which national Policy or Policies would that be? 

 

The real ones or just the ones based on hearsay? 

 

Go on, please share? 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/carrie-symonds-lee-cain-downing-street-boris-johnson-b1722031.html

 

"The director of communications’ resignation may be seen as a triumph for Ms Symonds, but it has also raised questions about her influence within her fiancé’s administration."

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, West 77 said:

I'm praising Boris Johnson because I support Brexit , voted to leave the EU and he implemented my democratic choice at the end of January.  When I voted to leave the EU I didn't do so to help Boris Johnson to become Prime Minister.  However, I honestly  believe if Boris Johnson hadn't  become Tory leader and won the general election that the EU referendum result would never have been implemented.

 

 I'm not a washer woman so I've no interest in his girlfriend or his personal life. However, I do believe the lady who he is going to marry held the position of Conservative Party's head of communications before Boris became Tory party leader.  I think someone who has held such a position will be in a better place to judge if an individual is suitable for certain senior roles than both you and I.  

 

Just for completeness, in my World I give praise to Prime Ministers who implement policies  what they said they would do before they had the power or parliament support to do so such as implementing the EU referendum result.

 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jun/21/blundering-boris-how-u-turns-and-broken-promises-have-split-the-tories

 

Where is your world?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, West 77 said:

I'm praising Boris Johnson because I support Brexit , voted to leave the EU and he implemented my democratic choice at the end of January.  When I voted to leave the EU I didn't do so to help Boris Johnson to become Prime Minister.  However, I honestly  believe if Boris Johnson hadn't  become Tory leader and won the general election that the EU referendum result would never have been implemented.

 

 I'm not a washer woman so I've no interest in his girlfriend or his personal life. However, I do believe the lady who he is going to marry held the position of Conservative Party's head of communications before Boris became Tory party leader.  I think someone who has held such a position will be in a better place to judge if an individual is suitable for certain senior roles than both you and I.  

 

Just for completeness, in my World I give praise to Prime Ministers who implement policies  what they said they would do before they had the power or parliament support to do so such as implementing the EU referendum result.

 

Wow, you praise Boris because you support Brexit, yet Boris voted 3 times against May's Brexit deal. We could have had Brexit ages ago apart from Boris and his chums wanting power rather an a deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Just watched David Davis on BBC Breakfast news discussing the pause in the Brexit negotiations. 

 

He explained, (& he probably knows more than any of us on here & is closer to those involved), that Brussels, (the Commissioners), aren't happy with the late intervention of Macron, as a deal was virtually considered done, especially around the fishing issue.  Macron is merely playing to the gallery, trying to look tough for domestic politics, as he looks towards the French presidential election in 2022.

 

Additionally, Berlin aren't happy with Macron, as Merkel is being pressured by business leaders in Germany, to get a deal done before 31/12/20, as they want some continuity & they recognise that the UK is a valuable market for their goods. 

 

A no deal is bad for all in the short-term, including the French fishing industry who, if there is no deal, won't have ANY ACCESS at all to our fishing waters, come January 1st.

 

So the stumbling block in all this, appears to be one individual, Macron. 

I heard that when a deal is finally decided on, it rhen has  to be agreed on and passed by each of the 27 countries individually?

If just one country doesn't agree, then it's back to the drawing board again.

Is that right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, taxman said:

Wow, you praise Boris because you support Brexit, yet Boris voted 3 times against May's Brexit deal. We could have had Brexit ages ago apart from Boris and his chums wanting power rather an a deal.

I think Boris voted two times against the bad Withdrawal agreement Theresa May supported when the default legal position was to leave the EU without a deal. It was Theresa May who first said no deal is better than a bad deal which is the reason Brexit supporting MPs voted against the WA supported by Theresa May. It was the Remainers in parliament that prevented the UK leaving the EU in March 2019 via the default legal position  because they reneged on the terms of Article 50  and moved the goalposts regarding legislation which they supported before the 2017 General Election.

 

13 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I heard that when a deal is finally decided on, it rhen has  to be agreed on and passed by each of the 27 countries individually?

If just one country doesn't agree, then it's back to the drawing board again.

Is that right?

It will be a formality for the agreement to be ratified if the UK and EU agree a trade deal.  At the moment the speculation is that France are holding up proceedings because their leader in playing to his own gallery regarding future fishing rights. 

Edited by West 77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Deal is a Bad Deal .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Litotes said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/carrie-symonds-lee-cain-downing-street-boris-johnson-b1722031.html

 

"The director of communications’ resignation may be seen as a triumph for Ms Symonds, but it has also raised questions about her influence within her fiancé’s administration."

 

 

The first paragraph of the article; "One of the most surprising elements of the spiralling fracas which developed within 10 Downing Street over the future of communications director Lee Cain was the SUPPOSED role of the prime minister’s fiancée, Carrie Symonds.". My bold & caps. 

 

As I stated earlier, nothing but journalistic hearsay, cleverly not stating that it was a FACT that Ms Symonds has played any role in the comings & goings at number 10.  And don't you just love it when people preface any supposedly factual statement with the word "May"? 

 

But let me remind you that you stated as FACT, that Ms Symonds was influencing Policy? 

 

Where's that evidence? 

Edited by Baron99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Where's that evidence? 

Where's the evidence that Brexit will be a positive move for the UK?

There isn't any, and yet you accept that as fact...

 

You appear to accept innuendo and supposition when it suits you,. but not when it highlights the fact that the country is being influenced by an unelected person who has been shown to have low morals and who is quite willing to throw her weight around to get her way - a way that affects the whole country.

 

What a hypocritical position to take... but no change there then for brexit-supporting people..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RJRB said:

No Deal is a Bad Deal .

I am stocking up on certain food stuffs. Not because we may starve if there are massive queues at the ports. But because food prices could rise. The easiest thing to stock up on, is tins of tuna.

No one knows what will happen with UK fishing rights, but choppy waters are ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Litotes said:

Where's the evidence that Brexit will be a positive move for the UK?

There isn't any, and yet you accept that as fact...

 

You appear to accept innuendo and supposition when it suits you,. but not when it highlights the fact that the country is being influenced by an unelected person who has been shown to have low morals and who is quite willing to throw her weight around to get her way - a way that affects the whole country.

 

What a hypocritical position to take... but no change there then for brexit-supporting people..

 

Nice try at deflection. 

 

It must be around 12 hours now since your claim that Ms Symonds has had influence on national Policy, & the only 'evidence' is journalistic hearsay, which you appear to take as gospel. 

 

Such evidence wouldn't be accepted by a teacher of CSE politics if presented as 'evidence' by one of their students.  The link to the article you have provided, certainly couldn't be considered as a primary source of evidence.  It wouldn't even pass muster as a secondary source of evidence.  It is just hearsay, yet clearly, like yourself, many would believe such nonsense. 

 

I ask again.  Where is the FACT based evidence of interface in national Policy by Ms Symonds?   

 

Come on, admit it, apart from the hearsay, there is no evidence is there? 

Edited by Baron99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Anna B said:

I heard that when a deal is finally decided on, it rhen has  to be agreed on and passed by each of the 27 countries individually?

If just one country doesn't agree, then it's back to the drawing board again.

Is that right?

Not really - in the current negotiations, if one country veto's the deal then it's no deal - not enough time left.

 

We will still have to negotiate a deal with the EU at some point unless we want to use WTO rules.

 

All the time we where in the EU we had a veto - we weren't forced into anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Nice try at deflection. 

 

It must be around 12 hours now since your claim that Ms Symonds has had influence on national Policy, & the only 'evidence' is journalistic hearsay, which you appear to take as gospel. 

 

Such evidence wouldn't be accepted by a teacher of CSE politics if presented as 'evidence' by one of their students.  The link to the article you have provided, certainly couldn't be considered as a primary source of evidence.  It wouldn't even pass muster as a secondary source of evidence.  It is just hearsay, yet clearly, like yourself, many would believe such nonsense. 

 

I ask again.  Where is the FACT based evidence of interface in national Policy by Ms Symonds?   

 

Come on, admit it, apart from the hearsay, there is no evidence is there? 

There is as much fact, in fact more, as there is journalistic evidence (if there is such a thing) that she has influenced recruitment to policy advisor positions, to civil service positions and has been privvy to governmental decision making despite not being an elected or publicly financed person. Therefore any influence she has had is illegitimate and subject to public scrutiny - and yet the PM will not support that!

 Seems fishy to me...

 

I come back to you, where is the factual evidence, that this whole thread is based on, on the benefit of brexit?

There is none, at least none has been provided  - please provide us some

 

Please provide this before you start picking holes in the undemocratic influence of the morally destitute fiance of the publicly proven racist, sexist, misogynistic, lying bully-supporting that is the PM .

 

FACTS please...

And not hearsay  - where is the evidence???????

 

 

</silence>

The hypocrites have the floor!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.