Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

As every day passers I hoping more for WTO rules with the EU. 

But it's what you voted for.

More good news, Morgan Stanley is moving £100bn from London to Frankfurt. That will be good news for you, right?

20 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

But it's what you voted for.

More good news, Morgan Stanley is moving £100bn from London to Frankfurt. That will be good news for you, right?

It’s ok, that £100 bn will be replaced by a similar number of toilets from Sis Logistik. To ensure that Kent doesn’t  become an open sewer.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6289863/Government-prepares-10-000-LORRIES-parked-Kents-roads-post-Brexit.html

You lose some, you lose some more.

1 hour ago, L00b said:

The issue of ECMTs required by UK hauliers post-Brexit and of their highly-insufficient numbers relative to the size of the (international, EU-bound) UK haulage industry was raised in pre-referendum debates, and time and again since the referendum, and routinely dismissed as 'Project Fear'.

Now that there is no get-out-of-jail extension mechanism left to invoke, and the non-extendable deadline is upon the UK, and the ECMTs have been issued (-as predicted) in far, far, far insufficients numbers (-as predicted), some people notice. 'Some', because most people will only notice the after-effects of it, as falling export sales and reduced  purchasing choices.

Exact same story with the EU unilateral air & freight travel measures (dusted off and-) triggered by Von der Leyden this morning, in readiness for no-deal. 

They're no different to the EU unilateral measures announced prior to every no-deal cliff edge since 2018, that were variously and alternatively dubbed 'mini deals', 'Swiss-type deal', 'can-kicking', etc. (they're nothing of the sort, just initiatives useful to the EU, and only "live" so long as the UK reciprocates, else immediate suspension).

But now that they're coming online, because there's no more extension to expect and no-deal looks a dead cert, some people notice.

Don't expect much sympathy on the Continent or Ireland. Mind you, not that much of the Continent cares, tbh: finding news of Johnson's meeting with Von der Leyden was rather the proverbial needle in a haystack of other news. Like much of anything to do with Brexit for the last year or two.

Actually the meeting was writ large in the Irish Times, Der Spiegel, Die Welt, Suddeutsche Zeitung, Paris Match, Le Figaro, Le Monde, La Stampa, La Republicca and virtually every other European newspaper.

Don't worry - Liam Fox said "The free trade agreement that we will have to do with the European Union should be one of the easiest in human history."

I have every confidence that Boris knew what he was talking about when he said "There is no plan for no deal, because we’re going to get a great deal."

And when Mr Gove said "The day after we vote to leave, we hold all the cards and we can choose the path we want." and Mr Redwood also said "Getting out of the EU can be quick and easy – the UK holds most of the cards."

So really there is nothing to worry about. They will have thought through everything and will have all the necessary remediation plans in place.

After all, if they didn't they would be shown to be liars and fools and not very good at their jobs... wouldn't they?

23 minutes ago, Litotes said:

After all, if they didn't they would be shown to be liars and fools and not very good at their jobs... wouldn't they?

And of course, you would be able to do SO much better wouldn't you?

6 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I’d have done better.

I’d never have started this ridiculous affair.

3 hours ago, West 77 said:

As every day passers I hoping more for WTO rules with the EU. 

Presumably because you are reasonably comfortably set up,with an adequate income.

So job losses,increased prices,and other disruptions are of little concern compared with Sovereignty,the essence of which has never left us.

10 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I would have hoped that someone could have done better.

If Johnson considers that No Deal is an acceptable conclusion then he has been a total failure.

5 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Presumably because you are reasonably comfortably set up,with an adequate income.

So job losses,increased prices,and other disruptions are of little concern compared with Sovereignty,the essence of which has never left us.

If Johnson considers that No Deal is an acceptable conclusion then he has been a total failure.

I don't get the impression that West77 is that. 

Just someone who would enjoy watching the chaos that would ensue.

17 minutes ago, RJRB said:

9 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I don't get the impression that West77 is that. 

Just someone who would enjoy watching the chaos that would ensue.

Sadly the brextremist obsessed don't care, they only care about one thing, they are blinded by extremity, they have been radicalised from the decades of anti EU  and right wing lies, now only one thing matters, no matter the cost.

I don't want to just cope - I want to prosper and the deal that the elected representatives of this country promised us to achieve this is not arriving.

Normally failure to deliver would be a breach of contract - why isn't it in this case?

Why is there no recourse for the lies that Boris has spun?

Project fear becomes a project reality... and I don't have confidence in the current leadership as their track record is abysmal in so many places (PPE, track and trace, trade deals, GFA/NI, Brexit, the CSR, Levelling up).

Currently Brexit has cost us millions of £s, cost us thousands of jobs, it looks like it will cost every household hundreds of pounds onto their food bill, it also looks like our ability to travel to europe will be restricted... for what?

Blue passports... nothing else has come out of Brexit so far

29 minutes ago, Litotes said:

I don't want to just cope - I want to prosper and the deal that the elected representatives of this country promised us to achieve this is not arriving.

Normally failure to deliver would be a breach of contract - why isn't it in this case?

Why is there no recourse for the lies that Boris has spun?

Project fear becomes a project reality... and I don't have confidence in the current leadership as their track record is abysmal in so many places (PPE, track and trace, trade deals, GFA/NI, Brexit, the CSR, Levelling up).

Currently Brexit has cost us millions of £s, cost us thousands of jobs, it looks like it will cost every household hundreds of pounds onto their food bill, it also looks like our ability to travel to europe will be restricted...

To be fair they have always loudly said ending Freedom of Movement was a major goal of Brexit. So no surprises there about the restrictions being imposed on us.

1 minute ago, nightrider said:

To be fair they have always loudly said ending Freedom of Movement was a major goal of Brexit. So no surprises there about the restrictions being imposed on us.

Brilliant - never thought of it like that.

"We delivered Brexit by locking down the UK by not managing the pandemic."