Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

Interesting now the Mr brexits have left 10 Downing St, even apparently Ole Nige is saying a brexit sellout might be on the cards now theyve got rid of Cummings lol

33 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Interesting now the Mr brexits have left 10 Downing St, even apparently Ole Nige is saying a brexit sellout might be on the cards now theyve got rid of Cummings lol

Nice bit of tuck pointing in that last shot . . . and Nigel could be right.

20 minutes ago, West 77 said:

David Frost has been and is still leading the UK's trade negotiations with the EU. It's irrelevant to the outcome that Dominic Cummings has left his job early.

so you think farage is wrong? scaremongering?

8 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I think Farage is lobbying.  Farage like Cummings is irrelevant to the trade negotiations. I expect Farage to be critical if a trade deal is agreed.  

Cummings was the adviser, he tells Boris what he should be doing, how things will work. The trade negotiator negotiates a possible deal then goes back and puts it to the government, its not on the trade negotiator to 100% decide, if the government HAVE decided to not keep following down Cummings' path then they say go back and get this or do that

30 minutes ago, West 77 said:

You're correct the decision will be the responsibility of the Government led by Boris.  David Frost will know what concessions he has Government approval to give.  If an agreement is not reached this week and the Government decide to go down the WTO route then I'd expect the leaders of the main EU nations to start talking with each other and to Boris privately and side step the EU hierarchy to try to come up with a solution to avoid a no trade deal. 

seriously?

the uk government has been negotiating with the main eu leaders and the not so main ones as well. the leaders of the main eu nations are the eu hierarchy. they may decide that a little flexibility is worth it if it gets the deal over the line or they may not.  

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

You're correct the decision will be the responsibility of the Government led by Boris.  David Frost will know what concessions he has Government approval to give.  If an agreement is not reached this week and the Government decide to go down the WTO route then I'd expect the leaders of the main EU nations to start talking with each other and to Boris privately and side step the EU hierarchy to try to come up with a solution to avoid a no trade deal. 

4 years on, after all the threads and links (never mind MSM news, documentaries, articles, etc) and you still have no understanding of how the EU works?

Really?

Edited by L00b

27 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I more or less agree.

An amusing contribution. 

I remember the EU telling Britain the WA supported by Theresa May couldn't be changed or amended.  I understand how the real World works.   

Yeah, Boris agreed to a previously suggested deal that May dismissed.

4 hours ago, West 77 said:

An amusing contribution. 

That it? Cat got your tongue?

4 hours ago, West 77 said:

I remember the EU telling Britain the WA supported by Theresa May couldn't be changed or amended.  I understand how the real World works.   

Then you must also remember that the WA supported by Theresa May was less advantageous to the EU, than Johnson's "oven ready" version?

I sure hope your memory is not too selective ;)

A lot has been said over the last 4 years about free trade agreements with Australia and New Zealand (I assume as some throwback to empire or commonwealth or something).

I see they've joined the RCEP trading bloc today - I wonder what effect that will have on the above.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-54949260

Edited by whiteowl

8 hours ago, West 77 said:

Don't you mean Boris voted in favour of Theresa May's agreement with the EU? 

If you do mean that, then Boris and many Tory MPs voted in favour of the original WA which they had previously voted against because there was a danger that no Brexit would happen when it became clear the Parliament at the time would block a no deal which was the default legal position.,

No, I don’t mean that. 

Theresa May was offered a deal that involved a customs border along the Irish Sea and she dismissed it for fear of breaking up the union. Boris thought that was a good idea, until he decided it wasn’t and break the deal he signed.

8 hours ago, whiteowl said:

A lot has been said over the last 4 years about free trade agreements with Australia and New Zealand (I assume as some throwback to empire or commonwealth or something).

I see they've joined the RCEP trading bloc today - I wonder what effect that will have on the above.

Does the RCEP have its own currency, flag, anthem, four freedoms for business, common agricultural policy, parliament, council,  court, five presidents, commissioners, bank, political integration and geographical expansionist agenda of the explicitly capitalist EU?

Edited by Car Boot

9 hours ago, whiteowl said:

Boris probably waited until Trump was kicked out of office, we wouldnt want to upset the USA.