Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

16 minutes ago, West 77 said:

That is what the Next chief executive said.  He also said that the UK Government shouldn't impose tariffs on goods, food or materials which are not made in the UK which would then be a big benefit to the consumer because food, goods and clothing would be cheaper.

Well he would, wouldn't he, the products he sells aren't made in the UK... If they were, he'd be singing a very different tune!

It would certainly be a good way to make sure any industry in the UK that produces these goods, food and materials  would instantly become uncompetitive though.

2 hours ago, Car Boot said:

Lots of companies are prepared for No Deal. Leaving the EU will prove to be just an economic blip, hardly the earth shattering catastrophe that EU fanatics claim it will be.

The EU was painted as being absolutely essential to the UK for decades. The reality is it just made the rich people richer. 

Income disparity growth has been largest in nations outside of the EU, why, because the EU is based on the social principles that a lot of its states are founded on. The outlier in terms of market capitalism has always been the United Kingdom. We've gone over this before so it is a bit tiresome to have to keep repeating this. 

Is Gina Miller advising Donald Trump about challenging the outcome of a legal democratic vote at the Supreme Court? 

Surely Remain voters would support such action?

On 27/10/2020 at 15:57, West 77 said:

I'm happy to leave reading trade agreements to Liz Truss and her team. Liz Truss is happy with the new UK/Japan free trade agreement which means I'm also happy with the agreement.

Yeah - she's negotiated lower tarrif exports to Japan on things we don't export to Japan.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-japan-trade-deal-liz-truss-exports-b1619263.html

The export trade in unicorns will boom post Brexit  😎

Edited by Longcol

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

Is Gina Miller advising Donald Trump about challenging the outcome of a legal democratic vote at the Supreme Court? 

Why would she? I’d have thought he has plenty of lawyers. Guliani is doing a great job dont you think?

14 hours ago, Car Boot said:

Even Aaron Banks is steering clear of Trump.

Or is it the other way round? 

Hard to tell.

Edited by Pettytom

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

She didn't challenge the outcome of vote, she challenged the right of the executive branch of the Government to implement it without Parliament voting on it first.

We do, after all, live in a Parliamentary democracy. despite the cries from you right wingers. Possibly, in the future, push for a referendum on the (albeit unwritten) UK constitution?

Anyway, if in doubt about Gina Miller, Google her name - first page, first article.

Edited by whiteowl

Respect and support the democratic outcome of the vote!

US 2020

UK 2016

37 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Respect and support the democratic outcome of the vote!

US 2020

UK 2016

The outcome of the 2016 referendum was fully respected: the UK left the EU 10 months ago.

:thumbsup:

About a week left, before the soft no-deal deadline expires. Better get a good handle of Johnson & Cummings, CarBoot, before Biden makes them BRINO the UK ;)

Edited by L00b

11 hours ago, Car Boot said:

Gina Miller didn't do anything of the sort...

9 hours ago, whiteowl said:

She didn't challenge the outcome of vote, she challenged the right of the executive branch of the Government to implement it without Parliament voting on it first.

Precisely!

9 hours ago, whiteowl said:

Anyway, if in doubt about Gina Miller, Google her name - first page, first article.

That would require not being hopelessly miss-informed, not the car boot way :?

2 hours ago, L00b said:

The outcome of the 2016 referendum was fully respected: the UK left the EU 10 months ago.

:thumbsup:

About a week left, before the soft no-deal deadline expires. Better get a good handle of Johnson & Cummings, CarBoot, before Biden makes them BRINO the UK ;)

According to The Times, Biden really doesn't like Boris, but that pales into insignificance compared to Harris' views of him!

One of Obama's aides posted a message to Boris at the weekend:

"We will never forget your racist comments about Obama and slavish devotion to Trump."

Democrats are saying there will be no special relationship with Boris Johnson, the UK is an ally, Boris isn't.

2 hours ago, Magilla said:

According to The Times, Biden really doesn't like Boris, but that pales into insignificance compared to Harris' views of him!

One of Obama's aides posted a message to Boris at the weekend:

"We will never forget your racist comments about Obama and slavish devotion to Trump."

Democrats are saying there will be no special relationship with Boris Johnson, the UK is an ally, Boris isn't.

Who cares? I don't go in for all this tittle-tattle stuff. I am sure there are lots of world leaders who don't like dealing with other world leaders but they have to because it's their job and good for their Nations or their trade agreements or just a general consensus of how the world should be run.

I don't like lots of people I have to deal with in my job but I do it it for the result I need.

Of course there is no doubt that a healthy and happy relationship makes things a lot easier and makes the better negotiation but ultimately politics is about more than just "the person". Something which loser Trump never did and never will understand.

The popularity contest begins and ends the election process. Soon as that's over the sphere is much wider including who one has to learn to deal with whether they like it it or not.