The Christmas Logo Competition is back. See thread in Sheffield Discussions for details ×

Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

Groose

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute.

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by Groose

21 minutes ago, altus said:

'We stopped him from doing what he said he was planning to do therefore saying what he was planning to do is only supposition' is not a convincing argument.

How did we stop him, are you saying there was no Holocaust.

23 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Wow. 

Brexit really has led a lot of right wingers to feel emboldened  to share their noxious views. We’ve got full on eugenicists and Nazi sympathisers loose on this thread.

I am becoming ashamed of this country and many of my fellow citizens.

It turns out the woman I mentioned earlier on last nights QT is in Tommy Robinson’s fan club. 

18 minutes ago, Halibut said:

I can't believe I'm actually reading this.

I can't believe you brought Hitler into the thread you seem obsessed with the fella.

58 minutes ago, retep said:

How did we stop him, are you saying there was no Holocaust.

Are you just playing at being stupid .

The Holocaust happened,Mengeles headed a eugenics programme.

These programmes based on lunatic beliefs would have continued for longer without outside influence.

Or do you see it otherwise.

Just to keep the subject somewhat on track,one consequence of Brexit that I do not want is that the far right who led the call for Brexit,largely by appealing to some of our populations baser instincts,are reined back by the moderates.

Unfortunately it does seem that some fruitcakes are emboldened  by the message that they are hearing from this government.

5 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

Did you see the woman on Question Time last night mel? They’ve got their Brexit and the end of freedom of movement but they’re still very unhappy. There really is no appeasing some of these people and I worry where it’s heading.

This one i presume?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/tv-radio/bbc-question-time-racist-video-immigration-ash-sarkar-twitter-a9349316.html

2 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Trotting out the usual uninformed and ignorant trash that Farage stoked up and fed upon.

Hordes of immigrants invading us

The personal comments end now.

Please try to stay at least vaguely on topic.

Edited by nikki-red

32 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

That’s the one. At least her rant didn't attract the usual hysterical bout of applause from the audience.

thing is it says with questioning? surely theres a panel? its question time, surely somebody didnt rebutt her claims?

She asked a question and stated her anti-immigration opinion. The question was completely valid and she's entitled to have her opinion without being called a racist.

2 hours ago, Branyy said:

She asked a question and stated her anti-immigration opinion. The question was completely valid and she's entitled to have her opinion without being called a racist.

No, she's not. Really she is not entitled to it.

I'm sick to death of the trope that "oh thatss my opinion and I'm entitled to it and you are being unreasonable for saying it's wrong so jog on" It's a cowards way out from people who are not willing, who are not able, or who know their argument is indefensible. It's used to shut down debate and it's entirely utterly wrong.

Things like what your favourite colour is, or if you prefer ska over blues, or whats the best place to go on holiday - those are opinions. Everyone has one and it's theirs and that's fine because these things are not amenable to qualification - if you like wearing blue with green polka dots that's your opinion and mine that you look like a hippie is fine to have as well.

When you get to matters of science and public policy, though it changes. I have opinions on nuclear power. They are backed up by science. I can prove my position. If you decide, especially without scientific training to go against those opinions and spout ill founded alarmist rubbish I'll call you out. If your opinion is that everyone in Chernobyl died and it's dangerously radioactive that opinion is wrong. I've been there. I can prove otherwise. That means you do not get to have your opinion are wrap it up in "it's mine and you are mean to say I'm not allowed to hold it." Your opinion is wrong.

If you decide that your opinion on vaccination is different to medically trained professionals which 150+ years of experimental science to back them up your opinion is wrong. You can have an opinion on the public debate about how to vaccinate. But you do not get to claim vaccines are wrong or harmful. That is your opinion and your opinion is wrong and indefensible, so go get a new one.

Now she stated her opinion. Thats fine. She can have it. But her opinion is racist. IT will get called out. And wrapping it up as she is entitled to her opinion (and so stop being mean to her) doesn't fly.

She exhibits racist opinions.

She's a racist.

You are defending her. You are defending a racist. Do you really want to be doing that?